• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AX Chassis- Lets see them!

Re: AX Chassis- Lets see them!

axaics_65cmior_1000.jpg

IOR 4-16x50 with X1 MRAD reticle, Stiller special run action with built in 20MOA rail, 24" Krieger 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, Jewell trigger. Alpha Type I mags work fine with a bit of tweaking.

I am planning on getting the AX chassis soon for a 300 WM build so keep the pics coming for inspiration please!

Just finished getting this beauty all dolled up.

Specs:

300WM Surgeon Scalpel, 1086 action with 26" fluted Krieger #10 contour barrel - Metal Dark Earth Cerakote
Jewell Trigger
AI-AX Long Action Chassis - Patriot Brown Cerakote done by a Camp Pendleton Marine
LaRue LT120 34mm Rings - Patriot Brown Cerakote
S&B 3-20x50 - FDE Cerakote done by Short-bus
Harris Bipods

cropax1.jpg

cropax2.jpg

I have a Templar 300wm coming that is scarey similar to that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished getting this beauty all dolled up.

Specs:

300WM Surgeon Scalpel, 1086 action with 26" fluted Krieger #10 contour barrel - Metal Dark Earth Cerakote
Jewell Trigger
AI-AX Long Action Chassis - Patriot Brown Cerakote done by a Camp Pendleton Marine
Harris Bipods

cropax1.jpg

cropax2.jpg
</div></div>

Yeah thats the sickest AX rig I've ever seen...

damm that thing is super sexy..we need a range report asap..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished getting this beauty all dolled up.

Specs:

Jewell Trigger
Harris Bipods

cropax1.jpg

cropax2.jpg
</div></div>

Thanks, I am taking the rig to the range next week.
FYI - Cerakoting the AX Chassis was a bigger ordeal than expected. The tubular forend took a long time to sandblast all the little mounting holes. It was a headache but well worth it in the end.

For you AX owners...

How you seen that you have to run higher rings than with a standard stock?

- I'm using a 5-25x56mm currently with Badger medium rings on a 45MOA base... Probably have to go higher than Badger mediums?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For you AX owners...

- I'm using a 5-25x56mm currently with Badger medium rings on a 45MOA base... Probably have to go higher than Badger mediums? </div></div>

I had to go with a Badger 0 MOA base and Mark 4 "high" rings just to get my 50mm scope to fit. Even then I couldn't use Butler Creeks. I still had to take a knife to my bikini cover to get that to fit on the front of the scope.

Of course your scope is 4mm thicker, so that might make some difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For you AX owners...

- I'm using a 5-25x56mm currently with Badger medium rings on a 45MOA base... Probably have to go higher than Badger mediums? </div></div>

Considerably higher. You are adding a FF tube that sits a min of 1/2" higher off of the barrel.

Here's a few pictures unsuppressed and suppressed
AIAXCustomBuild3.jpg

Suppresssed
AIAXCustomBuild.jpg

GA Precision Built on Rem 700 .308 - Bartlein Barrel
AI AX Chassis
S&B 5-25x56 RAL8000/Larue OBR mount
Harris Bipod
Surefire Brake and Suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papa Zero Three</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those of you who have posted pictures of your stick, what is the ballpark weight of the complete system? </div></div>

18 LBS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
iPhoto-1.jpg

How's this for something you might be interested in.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

Is this version being released soon? thats the one i want and i am sure i am not the only one.
smile.gif

Nice rigs guys!

Do you still have to mill the chassis for a jewell trigger?

Mine 20" SPS 308, I figured I should take a pic before I tear it apart and put a Badger in it.

She's a Remmy 700 .308, 20" Bartlien 1:11.25 twist w/ Surefire muzzle break and Suppressor, AI AXCS chassis, Atlas bipod, Nightforce 5.5-22x56, Gruning Precision rings and custom base built for the AX chassis. and the bolt knob was built by Chad Dixon of Longrifles inc. The barreled action, bolt, chassis tube, base, rings, and three magazines were all sent to Ionbond and coated. The scope, Atlas bipod, and a few misc. chassis parts were Cerakoted.

AMTeam4, if we can make that tripod w/ Hog Saddle training in Riverside happen, you will see this beast in person.

hey "Colonel"! what is your rail size? i ask because it looks like the same height as the forearm top rail so if you were to add the forearm rail it would meet seemlessly like the actual Accuracy Internationl AX. I havent seen that actually accomplished anywhere yet so i gotta now in case i do that. thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey "Colonel"! what is your rail size? i ask because it looks like the same height as the forearm top rail so if you were to add the forearm rail it would meet seemlessly like the actual Accuracy Internationl AX. I havent seen that actually accomplished anywhere yet so i gotta now in case i do that. thanks</div></div>

It was built by Jim at Gruning Precision specifically for the AX Chassis. Mine was the first. It's a steel base. His thought in making the base tall was so normal rings and not tall rings, could be used. He plans on making the base available but i recommend a phone call to get full details.

Gruning Precision is a one man shop so you might get an answering machine but he does call back. Jim builds rifles for a large number of LEO department in the SoCal area, along with a number of personal builds for military personnel.

Hey punkpigpen look at my pic a little closer, AI is selling a rail for the handguard and receiver to make it look like the real AX.

url=http://imageplay.net/]
1353896641983.jpg
[/url]

hey thanks lencomatt! thats good to know. i looked around like Mile High, SRT, and EuroOptic (all AI dealers) and have not found it before.

I got mine from Eurooptic about 6 weeks ago maybe, I think I was the first set they sold. AI makes a flat rail set and a 20moa set. I honestly didn't like the way the rifle looked without the top rail, it was just not finished. Now I am going to get the chassis inletted for a Badger M2008 and I think I will have to have a spacer made to get Badgers rail to line up withe handguard rail.

Lencomatt,

Badger M2008's come with 20MOA on the rail.
(And they now produce 45MOA rails!)

Maybe you could take that full length rail to a local machine shop and get them to machine &/or surface grind the bottom of that rail at 20 minutes for a full length 20 minute rail.

Having them line up height wise is pretty much all aesthetics as any auxiliary equipment you may wind up running on that top rail is not going to place the optical centers between day optic and said gear so close that your rails lining up dead nuts on will matter.

I'd probably just mill the bottom of one of the included rails at what ever angle my optics platform is at and call it good.

The Badger rail bolts on to the action and is flat on top of the action right? The angle is in the rail, at least that is an assuption on my part. Making a spacer on a mill will be easy..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger rail bolts on to the action and is flat on top of the action right? The angle is in the rail, at least that is an assuption on my part. Making a spacer on a mill will be easy.. </div></div>

Correct...

If your machine shop savvy, then it shouldn't be too much trouble
smile.gif

love my 5r ax...using the nf from my ar10 for now until nf comes out with a ffp with higher mag..

5r.jpeg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AX006.jpg

</div></div>

Hey mate ,

outstanding painting & setup job !

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DSC02981.jpg

</div></div>

Hey Dude ,

you need to get a paint job on that barrel

PP out

I am building the same rifle and will have it back this week. I am looking at the larue rings to swap optic between two weapons systems. I see you are using the obr mounts. Is that The LT 111? I will have a 20 moa base. Not sure what you have, but it looks like you have adequate clearance. Do you feel the LT 807 1.375" high would work with scope covers? Cannot get a definative answer from larue.

Thanks,

Glenn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
iPhoto-1.jpg

How's this for something you might be interested in.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

Is this version being released soon? thats the one i want and i am sure i am not the only one.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Would like to see the front end!

Can someone please tell me what the minimum length of pull is? I have been searching but cannot find that info. all I can find is its "adjustable", not what the range is. I was contemplating getting a AX for my son, but not sure if it will fit him yet?

Thanks

Here is my Accurate Ordnance 308 in the AX. I have a AI 1.5 on my 300 WM but plan to swap it to the AX very soon as well. I really like this chassis!