• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axiom Owners

smacha538

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2014
Sugar Land, Tx.
Checking in with Axiom owners using a manners stock. I’m curious to know if an Axiom can drop into a Manners inlet for a R700? On paper if looks like there shouldn’t be a problem. Curious if anyone has first hand experience that there are no clearance issues with the bolt knob, side bolt release, or ejection port. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure the bolt handle will hit, but it's nothing a small sanding roll on a Dremel won't take care of. Same with the ejection port. If you're looking for a perfect fit, it won't be one. If you're just looking for close enough, I'm sure it can be made to work.

Reactions: smacha538
Mine worked fine with fit in mini chassis. You couldn't’ rest it on the magazine without bolt rubbing on feed lips of magazine though.

Pretty sure the bolt handle will hit, but it's nothing a small sanding roll on a Dremel won't take care of. Same with the ejection port. If you're looking for a perfect fit, it won't be one. If you're just looking for close enough, I'm sure it can be made to work.

Appreciate the response. And yes I’m looking for a perfect fit. Figured I’d ask, being it a “Remington 700” footprint. I have no problem using a 700.

Its 90% of a remington 700 footprint. Where it, and other custom actions have problems, is side bolt release and ejection port shape. I had an axiom in an aics and a kmw, no issues there. If the manners was cut for an impact, I bet it would be fine.

Side bolt release was no problem, plenty of room on T4A I had. I had mine on MDT, MPA, and Manners problem free except bolt drag if resting on magazine in all three.

Side bolt release was no problem, plenty of room on T4A I had. I had mine on MDT, MPA, and Manners problem free except bolt drag if resting on magazine in all three.

Was yours inlet for a 700 with mini chassis?

And honestly, that’s the one issue I don’t want to have. I’m good with some cosmetic differences that don’t impact function. But if it presents a function or reliability issues I’m not going to go down that road. And will stick with a 700 action.

Was yours inlet for a 700 with mini chassis?

And honestly, that’s the one issue I don’t want to have. I’m good with some cosmetic differences that don’t impact function. But if it presents a function or reliability issues I’m not going to go down that road. And will stick with a 700 action.

Is this a case where you already have the stock that has a Remmy 700 inlet? Manners tailors each one of their inlets for "700 footprint" actions to the specifics of said action. Axiom, Impact, Tenacity, TL3, etc. The main differences being straight vs swept bolt handle and ejection port shape. The fit in the chassis part will be fine, except for a few very early Curtis actions that had the recoil lug in the wrong spot.
As far as the magazine interference issue, Curtis uses a .750" bolt, vs a standard .700. You are likely to have feed lip interference no matter what chassis or DBM you use.
Also, if you send your stock back to Manners, they can rework the inlet for you to fit the action of your choice.

Last edited:
Ive used my axiom in mcmillan stocks and krg and mdt chassis with no issues. The bolt will drag on Aics magazines If the weight of the rifle is sitting on the magazine. This has nothing to do with any stock or chassis as they dont limit upward movement of magazines. You can however cycle the action just fine. It will not bind like some actions will. Now if you have ai or accurate mags that somebody dicked with then all bets are off.

Is this a case where you already have the stock that has a Remmy 700 inlet? Manners tailors each one of their inlets for "700 footprint" actions to the specifics of said action. Axiom, Impact, Tenacity, TL3, etc. The main differences being straight vs swept bolt handle and ejection port shape. The fit in the chassis part will be fine, except for a few very early Curtis actions that had the recoil lug in the wrong spot.
As far as the magazine interference issue, Curtis uses a .750" bolt, vs a standard .700. You are likely to have feed lip interference no matter what chassis or DBM you use.
Also, if you send your stock back to Manners, they can rework the inlet for you to fit the action of your choice.

Yes I already have the stock which is inlet specifically for a R700. I do know you can can Manners trailer the inlet to the specific action manufacturer. Just was curious of first hand experience of an R700 footprint Axiom dropping into an actual R700 inlet. Sounds like I’m better of just running a R700 action for this one.

It will work @smacha538
You wont have magazine issues with the Axiom either. You can stand on the rifle and cycle the action. They will feed flawless just as they come from the factory. You won’t have to touch the feedlips.

Here is a photo of a axiom in a mcmillan 700 rem. This is how they fit any stock I put them in.

9EAB2211-2E05-4D28-95E8-3699FD1EC7B8.png

It will work @smacha538
You wont have magazine issues with the Axiom either. You can stand on the rifle and cycle the action. They will feed flawless just as they come from the factory. You won’t have to touch the feedlips.

Maybe I’m reading it the wrong way, but I thought you said the bolt will drag on an AICS mag. Which I’m taking as probably not a good thing.

The bolt will rub an AI magazine if you sit the weight of the rifle on the magazine. It will cycle and not bind. Some custom actions will fail to cycle under the same circumstances. Its a non issue with the Axiom. Almost all actions will rub with upwards pressure on the mag.

Nice. What bottom metal and mag?
I use ruger branded accurate mags. The bottom metal is grayboe. No bottom metal will stop upward movement of magazines. Guys seem to not understand this. I dont know of a chassis that will either. I have used a few different brands and they all work the same.

I use ruger branded accurate mags. The bottom metal is grayboe. No bottom metal will stop upward movement of magazines. Guys seem to not understand this. I dont know of a chassis that will either. I have used a few different brands and they all work the same.

Gotcha. And the bolt handle and bolt release cleared fine?

My stock is shipping Monday. Once I have it in hand, I’m going to see what I can do about test fitting an axiom before I go down that road. I’d like to use it. Just don’t want a headache later down the road.

I emailed Curtis specifically asking but haven’t heard back yet.

The bolt release sits high on these actions. It won’t be a problem. The bolt handle will look like the photo I posted. There is clearance there. It won’t rub. Like I said, never had a problem over several stocks and chassis with either fit or feeding issues. If you decide to use magpul mags (i dont like them) a few swipes on the feedlips will allow it to be cycled with upward pressure as well. Magpul mags are junk in many actions as you cant take off enough material to get them to not bind bolts when pressure is applied.

I ordered a T4A and it bolted right in no issue. Mag can drag if you rest the rifle on it, but I never shot with any rifle resting on the mag so it’s not a real issue. Bolt it up and go shoot it.