• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up AZ Casa Grande Range

SmokinAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2010
AZ
Looking at hitting the Casa Grande Public Range with a friend on the 19th if anyone is interested. If so let me know and I can let you know what time we will be out there.

Re: AZ Casa Grande Range

Range

It is the one to the south the northern is the LE range. Tables and shade but no benches from what I here. This would be my first time there normaly I shoot on BLM land but since I want to work on sighting in my 308 and 22 I thought know distance would be better. Address is for the CG trap club up the road but I believe that is what they use as their address.

Elsy Pearson Rifle Range Area Map
2766 S. Isom Rd. , Casa Grande , AZ 85222
Outdoor Pistol (0-250), Outdoor Rifle (0-250)
Call 7 Days Week
520-421-8677

Anyone interested let me know and when we get a time lined up I can send a note out. It will probably be 7-8am sometime for a few hours.

Where is it at? That is a drive but might be worth it.

It looks like 2 hours for me I might go down in the future when I can shoot 250 yrds and want to go further. Being that I am just getting into distance shooting I think I need to master 250 first.

Well looks like a local desert shooting day for me tomorrow. Finally get to stretch the new 308's legs a little bit and see what she can do at more than 75 yrds.

Dave- when I get somewhat confident with this rifle I will come down there and see what I can do on the metal targets. I am sure that will be a day of many lessons for me and show me how terrible a shot I really am LOL.

Well desert shooting was short as we dodge the rain. I did get some 200 yrd shots in with the 308 but shooting surplus ammo for break in so the consistency wasn't there but it could have been worse and I found a new shooting spot so that is a plus.

If you don't mind the drive, Rio gun range has an outdoor range that goes up to 300 yards. For member with qualification, you can shoot up to 500 yards.

Same goes for Phx Rod and Gun Club (7th Ave at base of So Mtn) if you're a member w/HP privileges.

300 yards official out to the berm, past that and up the mountain we have steel set up at 650, 700 and 900 yrds.
CG range has Shade and benches just bring your own chair.
It is the nicest and cleanest county range I’ve ever shot at.

We will be there this Sat for a shoot.
let me know when your headed this way, I'll meet ya there.

Chef

I keep meaning to get there, I'll have to make it for sure one of these days.
Do you guys have any practical events (or perhaps a calendar of them)?.

Yea let me know about events. I am going to make it over there soon so I can put some paper out at know distances and do some sighting in work with a few rifles. Need to get some sort of spotting scope though so I can see where I am at without looking through the rifle scope. and I can have someone go with and tell me where I am at on the paper. It is good to hear from someone who shoots out there I just didn’t want to make a ride if it wasn't worth it. I am about the same time from CG or PHX ranges so. Sobrbiker I have heard Phx has a nice range but I want to go look around and see if it is worth the price since I can shoot for free locally. I am off on Fridays and usually shoot then so at least I can avoid the crowd
smile.gif

It is a very nice range; I spent Saturday out there with a few friends doing some small bore work (10-22s, their like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop). As far as events are concerned the only one that I’m aware of is the annual Cowboy Shoot, they just held it a couple of weeks ago, Man that is a gas to watch. Other than that the only events are private groups coming out to do their thang.

Ace & Sobr, let me know when you come out this way and I’ll give you the cooks tour. Also I do have a spotting scope.

Chef

I am game for this like I said have a few rifles that I need sighted in. I am busy the next 2 Fridays (holiday so the wife is off and put me on the projects list
frown.gif
and the next is our anniversary) but good 99% of the others. I am free the 16th if you want to shoot durning the week or I am around on the weeks less this one due to holiday and Family being in from out of town. Thoughts?

I’m 15 min. from the range, free until 1:30 every day and always looking for an excuse to send a few rounds down range.
Take the 10 to I8 west, after about 2 miles on I8 take the Treckell exit, go south on Treckell to Erika (Left). Drive east on Erika, take a right at the Casa Grande Trap Club and follow Erika to the Rifle range, ya cant miss it.
A park ranger unlocks the gate at 7:00 am each morning and locks it at dusk.
Bring a chair or stool, a target stand (at the min. a cardboard box works well, just fold it out, place your target on it and place a rock or two in it to make it wind proof.), And some water.
The weekends are good as well but it does get a bit busy around noon so I usually plan to shoot early morning or late afternoon, sunset shoots are fun because the sun sets directly behind you so you can see .45 rounds and .50 cal rounds go down range.

Chef

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chef3381</div><div class="ubbcode-body">300 yards official out to the berm, past that and up the mountain we have steel set up at 650, 700 and 900 yrds.
CG range has Shade and benches just bring your own chair.
It is the nicest and cleanest county range I’ve ever shot at.

We will be there this Sat for a shoot.
let me know when your headed this way, I'll meet ya there.

Chef
</div></div>

Are you saying that we can shoot the 650, 700, and 900 yards steel targets? Everyday of the week? and anyone can? If so, I wouldn't mind going there at all.

Are the steel targets directly behind the 300 yard range? Or are they of to the right? I was there a couple months ago & I coun't find any. Are they hidden somewhat?

Sounds like we need a confirmation on he existence of the longer range targets. I can do 500 and in any day here in town.

I was actually thinking today I might go friday or early one day this weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......... Anyone confirm the steel yet? </div></div>
That's the big question for me as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three Points?

</div></div>

Yes sir. </div></div>
Haven't been there since the 2008 Smallbore Silhouette State match.....nice range-great place to practice wind!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chef3381</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good morning all,
I'll take a drive out today and check for steel.

Chef </div></div>

Thanks Chef. Now about those "Salty Balls"???!

I was confused till you put the link up to jog the memory LOL. Thanks Chef (not that I worry about steel as I probably couldn't hit it if I tried at those ranges).

Stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em... Ha, I love it.

I ran out to the range this morning and scoped the mountain, sorry, all the steel is knocked down.

will have to plan a night to walk up with a can of white spray paint and a sledge hammer to make repairs.

Salty Balls Out.

Chef,let me now when there is some steel up there and I'd like to come out and shoot there with you and some other Az Hiders. Or you are more than welcome to come down here and shoot at 3 Points. Steel at 350 - 600 and 1000 with a reserved date. only 1k needs a reservation.Dave

PS couldn't help the ball thing.

Anyone ever make it out there? Have some steel Targets on the way but now it is getting a bit hot out unless you are there early and only shoot a hour or two.