• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision B.E. Meyers KIJI IR Laser

The angle makes sense. I had a suspicion that was part of it when I saw a youtube video of the differences between the 3 and 10 degree beams. When the guy switched it to 10 it was like a god awful flashlight where it could open up 50 yards to each side yet you couldn't see that far infront of you.

For closer distances and carbines I just use the full power PEQs. I was looking for a better solution at night with longer range weapons and the spotting scope as well as my Moskito.

Basically needed more power (POWAH!) like when we used a LA5 (which Im also trying to get ahold of right now) to light up targets further and help with PID. Options right now are to find a LA5, try a Luna or try the Kiji. I don't need a laser as we have PEQs that can cover that, but for the spotter, it would obviously be easier if it was the same unit that was able to illuminate as well as designate targets with a laser.

The smaller footprint could be helpful with getting it velcro'd onto a Moskito.

I'd also be curious how well we could enhance it with the Monoloc'd PVS14 on a Spotter 60 using a Samsung 10 in the Monloc cradle.

I also heard from someone today that you're the guy on how to get these to have better adjustments as well as mod them to work with Surefire tails. Can you help me with that and I can grab a Luna and we can see what we could do with it?

Replace the allen head screw adjustment for x and y with these. Lets you quickly fine tune the x and y to suit any device without using an Allen Key.

Reactions: rlsmith1
Whatever you linked didt show up.

What about getting a Surefire cap on it?

Copy and past this into Amazon's search feature. This is what you want.
Plain 303 Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Thumb Screws, M6-1, 13 millimeters Head Diameter, 13 millimeters Length (Pack of 1)

Call Robert Henry at JRH Enterprises. He will likely have some of the Luna/Surefire adapters or can get you some. He is a sponsor here.

Luna is the official "poor mans LA5."

Dbal A3 UHP is for the Gods. :LOL:

BLM = Better Long Range Monitoring & LGBTQ+ = Long Gun Better Taking Quarry. Excellent combo. :)
Yes. Yes, it is. :giggle:

66BF2CDD-1777-4433-91BE-94D51C922B54.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: WhereNow&How
I see the beam shining up in the air all the way down here in the sippi. :LOL:

Maybe we can play Saber wars one night. :LOL:

And then I see things like this.

What makes you like the KIJI better?
Build quality is far superior. The beam is much cleaner, no laser artifacts.

On the Luna, the Surefire adapter is really crap, I made a new brass one. The mount is also crap, so I made a adapter to put a LaRue base on it. The adjustment screws need to be replaced with thumbscrews. While the beam has great power (after removing the filter) and the rheostat is nice, that's the only really good thing going for it.

Build quality is far superior. The beam is much cleaner, no laser artifacts.

On the Luna, the Surefire adapter is really crap, I made a new brass one. The mount is also crap, so I made a adapter to put a LaRue base on it. The adjustment screws need to be replaced with thumbscrews. While the beam has great power (after removing the filter) and the rheostat is nice, that's the only really good thing going for it.
That's a pretty fair assessment.

The mount shown solves the aiming problem perfectly well, locking screws and all. I get the beam perfectly centered at 100 yards at 30x. Would adjustment screws in the head be better? Maybe, but I much prefer this setup to the Luna, and I’ve upgraded that to a LaRue base and thumbscrews for adjustment.
Can you send me details to your larue uograde?

Can you send me details to your larue uograde?
I milled out a strip of Aluminum to fit. The strip gets threaded holes for screws on the LaRue side, then through holes for the screws to the Luna. You'll need longer metric screws to the Luna, the factory ones are quite short.

I milled out a strip of Aluminum to fit. The strip gets threaded holes for screws on the LaRue side, then through holes for the screws to the Luna. You'll need longer metric screws to the Luna, the factory ones are quite short.
Pics?

I no longer have the Luna, I'll look and see if I kept dimensions. It's 20 minutes work on the mill, you could do it on a drill press and some file work.

Reactions: BENRAY236
I wanted to make it work with the kiji as it is what I have on hand. I purchased a X and Y adjustable light mount so hopefully I can make it work