• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Back into bowhunting, little slickhead practice.

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Took this nice mature doe at 20yrds. Not the greatest placement, but took out both front shoulders at 20yrds with a Rage 2 blade broadhead. Entrance and exit was brutal. Not a sole believer in expandables, but thought I would give it a go.

IMG_0126.jpg

Donated the deer to one who needed it, very cool, wish KS had a program for this. Grew up bow hunting, but family makes bowhunting tough. Finally have a chance to get back into it a little and it's great.

Not sure I will use the bow on a buck tag, but would like to, it has been a couple years since I launched sticks at meat.

Shot out of blind, 20yrds, blind was only scent control used. Had to wait 25 minutes for legal shooting time.
    (Stuck broken arrow into exit to show shot placement).

Re: Back into bowhunting, little slickhead practice.

Nice! Is that the z7 extreme? I just got into back into bows too and picked up a z7 magnum to be a little more comfortable with my long draw length. The thing is a blast to shoot

g2004 that is a standard Z7. I really enjoy shooting it. Launching arrows at 299 to 302fps and it is smooth. I bought it just before the 2011 lineup arrived at the dealer.
    My next project will be the Monster 7 unless Mathews comes up with something else before next spring.

Im still shooting the Switchback XT. I feel like buying a new bow is like buying a new car or computer... once you buy it there is something bigger and better that they aleardy built but haven't put it out for sale yet.

nice bow kill, still shooting a mathews fx here.

Very nice, good eaten, i love my Z7 too. Bow hunting is great not as many people in the woods.

nice. Hoping to get my first deer with a bow this year. Got a mathews z7 as well.

Z7 is one smooooooth shooter. My luck was the same as yours, decided it was time for a new Mathews so I gave my Q2 to my new brother in law, bought a z7 and then the whole new line up came out....... Maybe would have went with the z7 extreme because it has a little bigger brace height.
    Good job on the Doe and good luck with future hunting.
    Jay