• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bacon and ???

Hate to admit it but I first had them at some fucking hipster restaurant I got sucked into going to for a friends b day. They called them devils on horseback. I'll never go back there but I learning this recipe from them made it worth it. They are ridiculous. So much that anytime I go to a party hosted by anyone that has had them insists its what I bring, even if no one else is bringing anything. People get all bummed out if they come for dinner and its not not what I made for an app. Kinda screwed myself because they are time consuming.

I use cheap thin bacon for them because it stretches better and then sticks to itself on the rebound. If you use good/thick bacon you have to use toothpicks. Put the flap up in the pan or it can stick and pull the bacon off the date on the way out. Depending on the size of dates you get you'll either cut the bacon in 1/3 or 1/4 you want a good overlap

I have done them in the pellet smoker as well as the oven and it doesn't suck.

Bacon is fine by itself ......
bacon-lube.jpg