• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bacon. Yes, Bacon. It's the answer

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
So the boys and I decided bacon burgers would be real good on the grill tonight. "How about we chop it up and add it right into the meat?" Sam is the idea man. "Save the other half to fry so we have slices on the burgers dad" Torin has his own ideas on bacon. Star with these:

groundbaconburg.jpg

After a bit of heat and flame is applied, a little spicy mustard, carmelized onions and cheddar cheese, and it's burgers.

0515111749-01.jpg

A nice cold brew, some good fresh fries with sea salt, and damn we are all too full for the Death By Chocolate Ice Cream and Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chunk cookies for desert.
We decided to forego the hamburger salad stuff because some things are better left simple

Re: Bacon. Yes, Bacon. It's the answer

I have done that, I just cooked the bacon some first. It turned out great.

Between the onions, and all that bacon, the boys and I had quite the symphony. All paid dearly for their intake of that much beloved pork fat laden bacon this morning though...heh heh little frikkers thought they were going to dis school over it...NOT!

Bacon is great. I have my processor grind it into some of my venison for burgers. Hard to beat.
CW

I'm a fan of the cowboy burger patties from Whole Foods Market. It's bacon, cheddar, jalepenos and spices mixed in with the ground beef. They are so good coming off the grill....

How do you make sure the bacon is cooked? I like my meat rare but would be a little concerned with pork? They look great!

I just got a burger boner

Just got some bacon/buffalo/blue cheese burgers from the butcher.. can't wait to try them.

Bacon...It's good with everything!

I've used ground applewood smoked bacon in ground deer meat on many occasions. It allows a otherwise 'dry' meat to fry nicely.

Pig is THE man's best friend...except maybe in Korea
smile.gif

Though if one imagines burgers in "miles to run" currency or "inches to waist" effect they quickly become less tasty
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you make sure the bacon is cooked? I like my meat rare but would be a little concerned with pork? They look great! </div></div>

FDA said this week that today's pork is safe to eat cooked to 140 degrees. Bacon no longer has to be well done to be safe. Of course 140 is a bit more than rare but according to FDA beef should not be eaten much below that.