• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAD AZZ SAVAGE BUILD

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
Rifle started out as a Cabela's Savage 10FP 308 Win with 26"bbl and Choate A5 tactical stock, Leupold Mark IV 4.5x14 Illuminated TMR.

IMG_0829.jpg

Finally got it finished it today.
Swapped the Lupy with a Bushnell 5x15 mildot, gave it a snipery krylon sponge job, cut the barrel back to 20 inches and installed a Thruster brake. I was'nt happy with the smallish factory round ball knob and decided to go big. The added 18oz of the handle brings the total weight to 15lbs 4oz.

SAV3_zpsa63a409b.jpg

SAV1_zpse82e1f82.jpg

Re: BAD AZZ SAVAGE BUILD

Holy bolt knob, Batman...don't have to worry about the typically stiff Savage bolt lift with that thing

1. Damn son what are you compensating for with that knob?
2. Damn son what's up with your feet?
3. What's the bad azz part?

If you every run out of ammo you could always take your bolt out and use it as a war hammer. Thor won't have crap on you
wink.gif

Good luck,
Merritt

I prefer the original look, but to each its own.

Why do people think the BIG bolt knobs are cool? It will probably cause bolt binding.

What's the deal with the bolt knob?

That's bigger than "big", its practical joke big.

Are you for real?

This has to be a joke...looks like the end of a softball bat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you every run out of ammo you could always take your bolt out and use it as a war hammer. Thor won't have crap on you
wink.gif

Good luck,
Merritt</div></div>

OMFG!!!

I literally laughed at this post so hard that I spit water all over the screen of my iPad.

Thank you, that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the deal with the bolt knob?

That's bigger than "big", its practical joke big.

Are you for real? </div></div>

I think he's clowning around with the bolt knob too. I can't see a reason for one that large, it's just goofy. The camo looks good though, and the 20" barrel will serve you well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy bolt knob, Batman...don't have to worry about the typically stiff Savage bolt lift with that thing </div></div>
Dude! I was just about to say the exact same thing! Holy hell!!
Nice job on the camo though. What technique did you use?

can you detail your paint technique?

The other rifles on the wall look nice too

Downgrade in optics, IMO...

The bolt knob could also be used for pleasuring a horse.

Paint looks good. +3 on downgrading scopes and the club for a bolt knob. Good lord. I've never head of a bolt knob that weighs over or any where near a pound. Where'd you manage to get that from??

My 7mm-08 looks just like yours before you painted it.

My toes look a lot worse than yours, and yours....I wouldn't say look so good.

I like the camo job, but give the Flintstones' club back to them. I heard they're making another movie, they might need it.

I have a knurled tactical from Rayhill and I like it. It's long and gives good leverage. I'm thinking though I might want to try one that has knob free-spinning. It's Knurled too, but rotates on the shaft so you don't run your fingers across it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suburbanhick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">leupold to bushnell... your running backwards man </div></div>

Definitely this.

Still like the camo job, though ~ Not too shabby.

Given el_gordo's collection, I'm pretty certain the headline and Avengers-sized bolt knob his way of TROLLIN'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given el_gordo's collection, I'm pretty certain the headline and Avengers-sized bolt knob his way of TROLLIN'. </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I figured I might be on to something, a recoil reducing bolt knob
laugh.gif

If the bolt knob was just a bit longer, it could serve as a rear mono pod!

I'm curious why you didn't give the bolt knob a "snipery" paint job too. ;-)

Omg I know it is funny when my wife is laughing so hard she spit her drink out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a knurled I like it. It's long and gives good leverage. I'm thinking though I might want to try one that has knob free-spinning. It's Knurled too, but rotates on the shaft so you don't run your fingers across it. </div></div>

Um what?
sick.gif
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a knurled I like it. It's long and gives good leverage. I'm thinking though I might want to try one that has knob free-spinning. It's Knurled too, but rotates on the shaft so you don't run your fingers across it. </div></div>

Um what?
sick.gif
eek.gif
</div></div>

I know how being from Kentucky, one might go the wrong direction with that thought.
shocked.gif
blush.gif
wink.gif

The bolt knob I have is knurled (machining term for lots of little criss-cross cuts). It is long and gives good leverage (unlike the original Remingtons which are short and don't). Sharp knurling wears on skin (abrasion). Even thick finger callouses get sore when cycling the bolt a hundred or so times.
So, what I want is a bolt knob head that rotates freely, but is still knurled so you get grip but not abrasions. Let your tummy settle a little and think about that.
wink.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

I think you fellas are missing the point. You can easily store 20 rounds of .308, a spotting scope, and an ice-cold forty (for after shooting, of course) inside that bolt knob. What more could you want?

+1 more for the paint!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TannerGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Downgrade in optics, IMO...

The bolt knob could also be used for pleasuring a horse.</div></div>

^
the funniest shit I've heard in quite a while

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duffy1298</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TannerGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Downgrade in optics, IMO...

The bolt knob could also be used for pleasuring a horse.</div></div>

^
the funniest shit I've heard in quite a while </div></div>

spoon_sports_duracon_shift_knob.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gstaylorg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you fellas are missing the point. You can easily store 20 rounds of .308, a spotting scope, and an ice-cold forty (for after shooting, of course) inside that bolt knob. What more could you want?

+1 more for the paint!</div></div>

How long does the '40' stay cold though. Maybe not through a whole comp in the summer I'm bettin'.
wink.gif
That thing couldn't hold more'n a pound of ice at most.
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif