• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Badger M2008

p8nt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Memphis, Tennessee
I'm entertaining building something on one of these actions.
I haven't had the opportunity to handle one of these to know if I really want to use one or not. Any good or bad experiences contributed would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Badger M2008

Excellent action had GAP build me a .338LM on one. Cycles perfectly and has a nice tight fit. Only thing I don't like which you will find on all 3 lug actions is the extraction of a fired round it takes a bit off work but it is not a flaw.

Got to play with one of those actions at SHOT and handled a 338 build that GAP had there with one of the badger actions and liked it a lot very smooth and nicely built.

I've got a M2008 Gen 2 on a .260 Rem. I've always had ejection issues, tried almost everything to remedy. If you want to shoot comps where you are under the clock, it does not help to have to be yanking spent cases out of the action. Going with a Surgeon 591 on my next build. The Badger is fine otherwise, just not in a competition setting IMHO.

I too had ejection issues on my gen 2. I called Martin and he sent me a new extractor....had it in a day. Installed it and ejects w/o any problems. Get one....you'll love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gofaster23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going with a Surgeon 591 on my next build. The Badger is fine otherwise, just not in a competition setting IMHO. </div></div>

I originally wanted a Badger action for my build because they look blocky and just bad assed but I had heard of the ejection issues too. I wanted the 60 deg bolt lift too and that's when I stumbled upon the Barnard repeater action. The Barnard runs like a sewing machine so far with the 60 deg 3 lug design and a super beefy body.

I'll eventually build a M2008 rifle up but I thought I'd let them sort out the design a few more years first.