• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M4

Heretoimproveforhunting

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
North TX
Does anyone have any, or know of a site or thread that has good pictures of the mechanism on Badger's M4 bottom metal that's used to open it? I'm trying to compare to a DD Ross to decide which one to get, but couldn't get a good angled picture from Badger's site.

Re: Badger M4

I have some M4 at home. I could take some pictures

From playing with it, the M4 bottom metal is really slick in how it locks up. The fit is really good.

Don't even bother with DD ross, he has really gone downhill, you can read all the gripe threads from a few months back about the rifles he messed up.

Get the badger, and never look back. Or consider a williams, they make some damn fine floorplates as well.

I have both...honestly they are both built very stout....the release is easier to operate on the DD Ross...DD Ross built rifles are questionable right now.....his products have never been in question, with me or with anyone as far as I know.....I will take pics of both when I get home...if I don't remember PM me....

I wasn't insinuating his floorplate was bad, just that I wouldn't send him any money till he gets his shit together.

I'd still buy the badger

First 3 are DD Ross L/A

DDROSS1.jpg

DDROSS2.jpg

DDROSS3.jpg

Second set of 3 are the Badger...S/A

BADGER1.jpg

BADGER2.jpg

BADGER3.jpg

The DD Ross is easier to open for me...just a bigger tab to push...the Badger is tucked in the trigger guard pretty good...the DD Ross has a slightly bigger finger hole and is slightly wider and longer than the M4...My A3 was inlet for the L/A M4 and I opened it up for the DD Ross....hope this helps...let me know if you want size reference or any different pics.

Thanks for the pics Joe. These are most helpful and provide for as good a comparison as I can expect to get without putting the two side by side in person.