• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger Ord FTE Brake??

Truck10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2010
Bucks Co, Pa
Is this brake easily installed on a .875 unthreaded barrel?? Badgers site stated it should be installed by a gunsmith. Is this really a must or can it just be slid on and clamped in place? Thanks.

Re: Badger Ord FTE Brake??

No. The barrel must be turned down to an untapered dimension (I do not recall the exact diameter) and the end threaded 5/8x24.

there are 2 diffrent brakes the most common is the 5/8x20 due to the suppressors avalibe in this thread.

as stated above about an inch of the barrel must be machined for a clamping surface I BELIEVE taht its .820" but dont quote me to that.

the threads are the centering device not the clamp so it is a bad idea to just clamp it on anyways.

also ithe bore of the brake will need to be machined to the proper dia.

If you really want a clamp on brake, Roedale Precision makes them. They are a German company and most of their stuff is metric. Looks like they have clamp ons for muzzle diameters of 20, 21, 21.5, and 22mm. That translates to about 0.787, 0.827, 0.846, and 0.866 inches. There may be others who make clamp on brakes as well.