• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Advantage barrels?

If you're trying to keep to a budget I would just spend a little bit more and get a White Oak SPR barrel. They are excellent shooters and don't cost all that much more. The BA 18" SPR barrel starts at $210 (non-fluted) and the WOA is $275 for (in my opinion) a better barrel.

If budget isn't a problem then its Bartlein or Krieger.
My observation was exactly that. Struggled with tight groups on a Ballistic Advantage 224-Valkyrie barrel (in a Pro2A upper). Switched to a WOA upper and lighter bullets and getting much better results. I think 224V likes the lighter bullets, but that's just me.

My observation was exactly that. Struggled with tight groups on a Ballistic Advantage 224-Valkyrie barrel (in a Pro2A upper). Switched to a WOA upper and lighter bullets and getting much better results. I think 224V likes the lighter bullets, but that's just me.

An 18” barrel and a 1:7 twist likely isn’t going to stabilize the factory heavies unless you’re at high elevation. Sierra recommends 2650fps for the 90’s in a 1:7 and the FGMM 90’s run at 2677 from a 22” 1:6.5 WOA.

I still think BA can have their place...just probably not in a precision rifle. I have one of their 11.5" govt profile barrels in an AR pistol. I've never even shot it for groups. It is perfectly capable of hitting a 1/2 size IPSC silhouette at 100m (offhand) using bulk ammo and that's all I expect from it.

I have a BA 6.5 Grendel 12.5" barrel and it holds 1 moa if i can keep the pistol solid enough.

Built 2 AR’s with the premium Hansen barrels. One 16 and one 18 inch. Both run w/o issues. 18” rifle can shoot 1/2 moa with 75 gr ELD-M’s at 600 yds. The 16” Gun is 1 moa out to 300 yds. using 77 nosier CC hand loads. I like them.

...FWIW, out of my 16" .308 Hanson comparing FGMM 168's & my handload w/HDY 155's & 8208 @100m during my load development.

...Yes, I like my BA tubes, use them in 300BLK, 556, 223Wylde, 6.5CM and now 6ARC. The tubes are inherently accurate, in MY experience. My handloads can easily attain sub-MOA results from them. The barrels are only 1 part of the accuracy equation, how and what it is assembled with are all contributing factors in the final result.

..with BA's MOA guarantee, you do have an avenue for replacement or refund if you aren't satisfied.

FYI, in the pic below, I didn't miss the center, I adjust my scope off a click or 2 so impacts don't obscure my aiming point...old age eye limitation, LOL

Attachments

• 20170228_054939.jpg
    20170228_054939.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
My local PD had a few carbines that had really large gas port holes. The PD ordered all new BA bbls. They shoot great! The guys love them!