• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic app info

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
Time to update my ballistic app, currently running exbal on a palm
unfortunately the palm is getting long in the tooth and not holding charge for long

So i have a Axim51v with sd slots etc
i could just get a program that will run on it

or

Kestrel with app

Exbal no longer available, and i prefer an app that allows for trajectory correction via actual dope used ala exbal

recommendations

I too want a dedicated ballistic solution, preferably something waterproof. I saw a great thread on here awhile back concerning ballistic apps and can't find it now. There was a feature comparison too, but I dont think it covered what PDA/unit to run it on very much.

What is the most accurate program out there right now, and what is the best compact unit to run it on that can handle some rain at least with decent battery life?

Field Firing Solutions is one of, if not the best, ballistic program available; albeit pricey. It comes on a micro SD card for use on your PC or a handheld device such as the Trimble Nomad, which can be found for a reasonable price on eBay. The Trimble lineup is waterproof and can stand up to a beating. You can find YouTube videos of what they can be subjected to and still keep working.

http://www.lextalus.com/Delta5.html

I have ballistic and it's awesome, however I will be replacing that with the new Kestrel Applid Ballistics model once it arrives in June or so. Th only thing needed for an accurate estimation is distance. ALL other parameters are covered. Gunlog SPC and ammo tracker are some really cool apps too.