• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Programs

Who Dat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2011
Colorado
What ballistic program do you think is the best software on the market and why. Is it Berger, Night Force, Hourus etc.

Re: Ballistic Programs

Do you already have a device to use with it? What is it? PDA, smartphone, android, iPhone, ruggedized unit? What are your specific needs? ELR?

PDA Solutions :

Field Firing Solutions
Loadbase 3.0

Nightforce is a good program but dated, not as feature rich as the two above.

and then Apps for smartphones :

Bulletflight
Shooter
Ballistics FTE

I've been using ISnipe on my cellphone. Seems to work pretty good although the creators felt the need for an update to account for spindrift, and even coriolis effect, without allowing the input of density altitude.

I use Bullet Flight and Mil-Dot Ballistics. I really like Tom's program and he is quick to add suggestions to the programming.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use Bullet Flight and Mil-Dot Ballistics. I really like Tom's program and he is quick to add suggestions to the programming.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ex0nxi65Gu0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry</div></div>
How about a little group buy or Snipershide discount off the $30.

I don't think it's $30. I looked in the app store and it is $14.99. That is Mil-dot ballistics.

Terry

I'm bad that was BulletFlight I was looking at. I am on Android.
frown.gif

Mil Dot ballistics is pretty good, I like it, I am not a fan of that interface moving as if you were actually lining up the shot, I would rather it just allowed you slide the yardage to what you wanted and presented the solution in a little more front and center format, but otherwise I think Mil Dot Ballistics is good.

Changing the interface to set the "target size" to a number in the settings and then sliding that to give you a range based on the mil or moa size would be smarter, instead the slider changes the target size which is sort of ass backwards. But overall it is not a bad program. It is much better than something like iSnipe.

I like Mil-dot ballistics feature that shows the poi so I can dial my come up and use the windage on the mil-dots. Has been real effective for me. The other thing is that if you email Tom your suggestions he responds to you quickly.

I use it along with Bullet Flight and Bryan Litz's program

Terry

Thanks gents,
I am trying to upgrade my old Excel program with something different. The problem is it is a Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 operating system and I do not want to get rid of my Panasonic CF-P1 to upgrade to something different (it is tough as nails). I have used Sierras Ballistic info for years because of reloading. Just from reviewing what is out there now I have been very old school.

I am a big fan of bulletflight on my ipod. I put everything in for my 308 with 175 SMKs and shot for the first time at 500 and 600 yards. It was DEAD ON the first try at both ranges. I was very impressed.

Ballistic: field tactical edition. It is BAD. On iPhone. Not sure if anyone else offers it