• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistics Apps and LRFs

K9Bug

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Wisconsin
So I am a bit new to the long range game yet and have been playing around with various android apps. I recently acquired a Bushnell Elite CONX. So being new to me, is it best to set you ballistic calculator target angle 0 and use the true ballistic range that the LRF spits out. Or set the LRF to spit out line of sight ranges and angles and enter those into the ballistic app? Same results?
Thanks.

depending on which app you are using and if you are inputting the numbers manually or having the LRF fill in the blanks. For Range (I use AB) put the horizontal distance since that's the distance that affects your drop. then put the LOS angle in and that accounts for your wind hold. it uses trig to get the line of sight range from the range you input and the angle.

I am using Strelok Pro and AB. Unfortunately they don't work with the CONX. Nice thing with the CONX is it will show LOS, angle, and horizontal on the same screen. Just wondering if results on solver would be the same entering horizontal with 0 angle vs LOS with output angle displayed. Guess I can play around and see.

This is my first rangefinder and am enjoying playing around so far. Eventually I will toy around with the custom gun settings with the CONX too.

Thanks!