• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ban big drinks

Re: Ban big drinks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willyz54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gimme a liter of cola. </div></div>

I don't want a large Farva!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

NYC folk need to step up and stop taking this crap laying down. Can't wait til Bloomberg is out of office.
</div></div>

They did take a stand, they voted <span style="font-weight: bold">FOR</span> it.

Protecting people from themselves is gonna be a long and costly road.

Think I'll move to NY and start a speak easy that sells triple cheeseburgers, chocolate cake, and 64oz super bladder busters.

Nice to see the more important matters are being addressed.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They elected this turd, now live with him. He needs to keep his controlling ass in NY though. </div></div>

Agreed. Maybe next he can start charging the people for air consumption.

Next bill will be a 2 strip a week limit on bacon, register your sex partners, smaller bottles of tylenol, and no rock and roll music.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They elected this turd, now live with him. He needs to keep his controlling ass in NY though. </div></div>

Sad thing is the rest of us who live in NY STATE and NOT the city end up suffering as the vermin from the city make its way into the state senate and assembly and suddenly we are having the NYC way of thinking forced on the rest of us. Its a constant battle. Best thing ever would be to lop off that cancer and make it its own little district just like DC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenII</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They elected this turd, now live with him. He needs to keep his controlling ass in NY though. </div></div>

Sad thing is the rest of us who live in NY STATE and NOT the city end up suffering as the vermin from the city make its way into the state senate and assembly and suddenly we are having the NYC way of thinking forced on the rest of us. Its a constant battle. Best thing ever would be to lop off that cancer and make it its own little district just like DC. </div></div>

You know what you want to do if you want a family to move away? Every night you take a crap on their doorstep. Eric Cartman

Personally I don't see the big deal, because a few studys have shown people consume more if there is more infront of them. So having a max size would have an effect.
Plus 16 oz really isn't bad and 99% is good enough. except in the movie theater, there it's an unwritten law to get bottomless cup of soda and bottomless bag of popcorn.

But either way both sides will bitch and complain, the country could be perfect and people would still argue over pointless shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I don't see the big deal, because a ...</div></div>

Use better bait, troll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I don't see the big deal, because a ...</div></div>

Use better bait, troll.</div></div>

I'm not kidding, I don't really see this like some "big crazy government trying to control my life thing" like some.

heres a link to that study I mentioned. bottomless soup study

LoL I found out that idea was used to justify this law, thats kinda funny I notice that now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I don't see the big deal, because a few studys have shown people consume more if there is more infront of them. So having a max size would have an effect.
Plus 16 oz really isn't bad and 99% is good enough. except in the movie theater, there it's an unwritten law to get bottomless cup of soda and bottomless bag of popcorn.
</div></div>

I agree wit comrade NewRoman, I don't see what ze problem iz. You comrades don't know what iz bezt for you, only government knowz what iz bezt for you. The coke czar haz spokn, Amerikanz will be azzimilated. [/Russian accent]

Why is everything always seen as government try to control people, granted there are laws that seem to try.
But I just don't see how this really effects anyone, unless for some reason you need soda to survive.
But I think movie theaters really should be exempt, since this could hurt them because a lot of there profit some from selling drinks, popcorn, and all that over priced stuff which we all pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is everything always seen as government try to control people, granted there are laws that seem to try.
But I just don't see how this really effects anyone, unless for some reason you need soda to survive.</div></div>

Perhaps you'd like to be restricted to driving a Prius and owning only a BB gun, just because your political masters deem it should be so.

Let your liberties slip away, and pretty soon they'll be regulating something you do give a damn about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is everything always seen as government try to control people, granted there are laws that seem to try.
But I just don't see how this really effects anyone, unless for some reason you need soda to survive.</div></div>

Perhaps you'd like to be restricted to driving a Prius and owning only a BB gun, just because your political masters deem it should be so.

Let your liberties slip away, and pretty soon they'll be regulating something you do give a damn about.

</div></div>

Politicians come and go and so can the laws they put in place, this is nothing new.
If people active in their government a lot of things can be counter by the out cry of the masses saying no.
Plus to run for an office in government has almost zero requirements, which I think is strange but oh well.
So odds are you can run for an office and try to be that better politician. Plus who knows you could be better then some or many.

Also on this threat subject my view have changed to something like, if idiots can't control themselves than let them get diabetes and be fat. So as long as they have to still pay for the extra seat their fat takes up.

If that's the biggest prob they have up thare then we in the south have a lot to learn . I'm in Baton Rouge La . I read in our paper that we have more state dept./offices of whatever than any other state in the union . And everyone is upset about what it's costing us taxpayers for all these elections every year . So the answer is that we're gonn have a Vote on it . I don't find myself to b very political but damet this shit pisses my off

They say we have the best politicians in Louisiana that Money can buy. The older I get the more I realize how true it is lol

Why is Some jackass in New York always trying to tell somebody what to do? Do they ever get tired of being bitches up there?

on a related topic..

people using "food stamps" should be regulated as to what they can buy with it.

No name brand items if there is a store brand version
No soft drinks at all
No junk food at all
No high value grades/cuts of meat (high value steaks are not a necessity).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not kidding</div></div>

Neither was I.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and owning only a BB gun</div></div>

Surely you are kidding. You'll shoot your eye out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on a related topic..

people using "food stamps" should be regulated as to what they can buy with it.

No name brand items if there is a store brand version
No soft drinks at all
No junk food at all
No high value grades/cuts of meat (high value steaks are not a necessity).

</div></div>

From what I've seen all food stamps do is free up money to be spent on rims and booze. I personally think I need to get on food stamps too. I could have taxpayer subsidized steak and lobster every night or free up $500/mo for more reloading/gun stuff.

I think I am missing the point of the proposed large drink ban. Have they not heard of refills. If I have an 8oz beverage and I want more, I am going to refill...chug...repeat. Granted I don't drink pop/soda, but it is what I would do.

Problem 1, loss of personal choice, leading to loss of personal responsibilty.

Problem 2, New law, needs someone to enforce it...the government grows.

Well, many of us smiled when smoking was banned in public places, especially restaurants. Second hand smoke is truly bad for everyone in a restaurant.
Is drinking a gallon of soda in a restaurant bad for anyone but the person who wants to do it? No.
BTW, will this new law prevent us from being able to get a refill on our soda as well?
What will the difference be between me choosing a large "sugary drink" at McDonald's or a 10,000 calorie meal at the most expensive restaurant in NYC?
It seems they only want to make laws to save the children, minorities and poor.

Save us John Spartan!

The society from "Demolition Man" is coming true.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
"Crime is virtually non-existent, and the paternalistic society forbids anything deemed unhealthy, including fatty foods and sexual intercourse. Even cursing is illegal"</span>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_Man_(film)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, many of us smiled when smoking was banned in public places, especially restaurants. Second hand smoke is truly bad for everyone in a restaurant.
Is drinking a gallon of soda in a restaurant bad for anyone but the person who wants to do it? No.
BTW, will this new law prevent us from being able to get a refill on our soda as well?
What will the difference be between me choosing a large "sugary drink" at McDonald's or a 10,000 calorie meal at the most expensive restaurant in NYC?
It seems they only want to make laws to save the children, minorities and poor.
</div></div>

Nope, I don't smoke but the smoking ban is BS too. Public spaces? Fine. But on private property like a restaurant nobody has the right to tell me what to ban or not ban. If you don't like smoke in an establishment, then go somewhere else. Nobody puts a gun to your head and says you have to eat there. #$%$#%ing nanny state.

You're all missing the point. Think of how many public sector jobs this will create and maintain.... think how popular this makes him to the other public sector organizations - yet MORE regulation to oversee, enforce, live by....

no worries, the tax-payer will pay, heck, they ought to be grateful...

In regards to smoking, I don't think there ought to be a ban, but, the price of cigs should be much higher to account for the 'externalities' of that product.

Externalities is an economic component that should be factored to derive the true cost of a product.

I would prefer that private restaurants determine their own regulations in regards to cigarettes. If the majority of patrons don't smoke and the occasional smoker ruins it for the others then it's clear which policy will make the restaurant more money...

Bloomberg is more about being seen to do what can be branded as 'the right thing' rather than actually letting people decide for themselves. If you're into sugar and obese, fine, it's your life, but you should be paying a higher cost for health care, more for transportation (if you're such a lard ass you take up two seats) and so on.

We should live as how we want so long as we pay the fair price for it.

If at any point you think this is reasonable then your out of your mind. How much regulation is really needed in each of our lives?

Mine = ZERO

I mean c'mon above TheNewRoman tries to justify this and say its not that bad but then abruptly says there needs to be exemptions to the law?

If a law needs ANY exemptions then the proposed law IS NOT NEEDED by any.

Every one of these laws should require the death of the person who wants it the most. As a sign of they really want it. Or we can go with repealing some anti-gun law. I am ok with either.

I hope they throw on a rider to the law banning fat women from wearing tight pants as well.

Makes me want to drink three cups and have the fuckers come and get me.

I can't believe I lived long enough to see this shit.

It's refreshing to see NYC folks getting, everything they voted for.
I for one believe they need to erect a wall so as to keep those kinds of folks locked within, what they created.

Fly over states, need to be kept, that way.

Bloomberg. He is the lead parasite in a community overun with filth, crime, and drug addiction who can't stop himself from attacking liberty. While his city becomes more of a cess pool.

In addition to his soda pop prohibition, anti gun campaign, he also has had a law passed and is being enforced which gets you a ticket for texting while walking on a public street!

We should have the Statue of Liberty removed from that state. If he keeps this up, terrorists ain't target NYC. They'll admire it.

What does he support?
He wants to make marijuana available, give gays whatever they desire, and give illegals the right to vote, and entitlements. He wants the UN to regulate and oversee firearm ownership in the USA.

Does anyone in NYC have any balls any more? Truly sickening.