• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ban on 1:7 twist

Re: Ban on 1:7 twist

Would someone please explain what twist is? I hope I don't have any in my barrel.
I just don't see how a barrel could shoot accurately with twist in it.
I hear that all those Savage barrels shoot sub one tenth groups because they have someone straighten out all their twisted barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would someone please explain what twist is? I hope I don't have any in my barrel.
I just don't see how a barrel could shoot accurately with twist in it.
I hear that all those Savage barrels shoot sub one tenth groups because they have someone straighten out all their twisted barrels.
</div></div> yep, I think my AR is smooth bore - 1 in 0 twist - HAHAHAHH

You can have a 1/1 twist in 5.56 and it would be legal. Useless, but legal.

I'd stay away from the guy because he's either trying to bullshit you into a bad sale or he doesn't know what he's dealing with. Unless you can identify and assess the barrel or parts yourself and determine the value, I'd steer clear.

I think the guy may have the legality of the 14.5" 1/7 M4 barrel confused. The length of it CAN be of issue, but not the twist.

I have an LMT copy I built of a SOPMOD M4 that is nearly identical to the one I had in the army (but with the much finer Geissele 3GSD trigger --screw burst or auto!). It has a 1/7 twist, and the only legal issue was that the suppressor mount had to be blind pinned to be legal due to the 14.5" length (no SBR's here, but we can have DD's --I'm really looking foward to finding a 20mm cannon but having a really hard time!).

Everything is legal in the US if you have the cash. Look at Dillon --he flies around the desert in a jet fighter trainer shooting and blowing shit up with miniguns and rockets.

Ha what a dumb ass. Just like the guy at the local smith shop that argued with me that the 300 AAC Blackout was from Alexander Arms! Retards are everywhere!

Wow, don't ever, ever, ask this mouth breather for advice on anything... ever...

Have him break out his barrel stretcher and all will be forgiven.

Early april fools joke? I live in CA and even here they haven't thought of such a thing. If it's legal here it's legal anywhere.