• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banged up USMC vet arrested over HP Parking space

If I read the article correctly, he had the plackard/tags and the ranger was demanding proof of disability.

If I read the article correctly, he had the plackard/tags and the ranger was demanding proof of disability.
A park employee started this whole shit show by calling the rangers, because he wanted to save that spot for a friend. The Ranger, if he was not satisfied the person had a legit disability (there are plenty of assshats that hang Granny's placard on the mirror to park close to the store), then he simply should have written a ticket and possibly towed the car. There are lot's of disabilities that are not obvious to onlookers, ie COPD, Heart conditions, etc. I highly doubt the Marine was as courteous as he says he was, and probably instigated his arrest by being an ass himself (my assumption, we have no proof) I doubt when the Ranger hit his leg he said "I'm combat disabled and you just hit my salvaged limb" like he said he did. I would think I would have said "Ow, you mutherfucker, that's my bad leg you asshole" Either way, the Ranger let this situation escalate to an unacceptable outcome, so bad on him. Like I said before, the fact they settled for so little also tells me the Marine wasn't a saint in all this either.