• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banks closing up shop

Never encountered a store that discounts like you say, but accept that different folks mights shop in different kinds of places. WalMart, Costco, Home Depot and Kroger pretty much cover it for me. Even ate out last night - yup, they take credit cards.

Very common with small business. Many independent auto repair shops will give a discount and not charge tax. The repair invoice won't be found in a computer, though. A printed copy is placed in a special file before the computer record is deleted.

Us older guys are never going to give up cash. I am on a first name basis with my banks tellers, and it often makes life easy when cashing a check from a client.
I assume the cashless goal is to get a new generation hooked on credit cards or overdraft float and reap the high interest when they are unable to pay in full each month. Credit cards have been the downfall of many.
You won't have a choice as it will be dictated like the jab. Digital currency isn't about getting people hooked, it's about having the ability to tax, monitor, and ultimately, redistribute the wealth. This has been publicly discussed by the pigs in d.c., where there is never enough big brother in your life and never enough of your wealth to feed those pigs.

Reports this week about making the fed the only bank and the $600 bracelet................Draw your own conclusions from that.

• Angry
Reactions: Ric O'shay
I often see gas stations offer 3¢ lower price if paying in cash. I also encounter a lot of businesses tell me "pay cash and we won't charge you sales tax".

Bank in a small town , and I see a big turn over in employees there, so I'm sure it's a nation wide problem.

Cash is King, and having physical assets in hand is far more reliable than digital assets that cannot be accessed in a crisis.

Here's an example. I've seen this happen two or three times a year, past 10-years. All businesses (gas stations) in town are not able to authorize credit card transactions, paying in cash is the only option, sometimes this event lasts hours if not all day. If you need fuel to keep moving, pay cash to get your tank filled or be stranded.

I carry $150 in my wallet all the time.

I'm on the west coast and can't count how many I've seen close up the past few years. Just got back from ND though and they are building more banks! Guess the old folks love them
Picking on old folks is discrimination...and discrimination is wrong.

I often see gas stations offer 3¢ lower price if paying in cash. I also encounter a lot of businesses tell me "pay cash and we won't charge you sales tax".

Bank in a small town , and I see a big turn over in employees there, so I'm sure it's a nation wide problem.

Cash is King, and having physical assets in hand is far more reliable than digital assets that cannot be accessed in a crisis.

Here's an example. I've seen this happen two or three times a year, past 10-years. All businesses (gas stations) in town are not able to authorize credit card transactions, paying in cash is the only option, sometimes this event lasts hours if not all day. If you need fuel to keep moving, pay cash to get your tank filled or be stranded.

I carry $150 in my wallet all the time.

Or days/weeks after a hurricane. Imagine recovery time after an EMP...31st of never? Of course, cash will be worthless.

If someone makes a tv commercial showing you how good it is, it’s not good.

planned digital and easily controlled fake money,surveillance of smaller transactions,control over what you can buy with it. i can never figure out why so many people here-a pretty conservative,liberty seeking group-just love paypal and all those electronic money scams. convenience traded for privacy and independence like most all of these "modern conveniences". yes,freely admit to being a ludite.

My paycheck gets divided amongst 1 bank and 2 credit unions. The smallest of which is savings and loans only, no checking, debit cards or online services. That's my emergency fund. Only time I go to WF is to get cash or rolled dollars for grandkids, a cashiers check for someone on gunbroker or use the notary public. And incedently they are closing the branch closest to me.