• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes Match Burners 6mm 105 grain

BuLLet

I need a new gun!
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
USA
How are the Barnes Match Burners?

I can get them down to about 30 cents each delivered. Would use in 6MM GT and 6MM Creedmoor. Usually use SMK but, at this price maybe it's worth getting a few and trying them out. Though I'd have to get 2000 to make the 30 cent mark.

Thoughts?

That’s what I’m using for now in my dasher until the barrel craps out. They shoot fine, a little anemic in the bc, but accuracy is good.

Reactions: BuLLet
No experience with the 105 but I have a friend that sorts the 112MB by length and has good success with them.

My experience with the 69MB has been excellent.

I've used the 105s and 112s, in both 6BRA and 6CM.
I like the 112s better, BC is better and they seem easier to tune. A little anemic in 6BRA, not sure hot the GT would manage.

They're currently in stock at PV and cheaper than midway. The last few times I've picked up 500 packs, midway and barnes direct were the most expensive options.

Thanks, I ended up getting 2000 from powdervalleyinc.com @ 30 cents each delivered.

I'll try the 112s as well. Seem inexpensive to give them a whirl and may prove fruitful.

I use them in 243 LBC (a predecessor to the 6 ARC) and like them just fine. I really like the 145gr version in my 6.5 Creed. Have some in 69 and 85gr flavors for 5.56 too but haven't used them enough to say.

While they (the 105 6mm) may not be as sexy as some of the top grade match bullets, they don't suck either. And they're not like RDFs either that just shoot horribly if your rifle doesn't love them.