• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel upgrade ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
which barrel would you upgrade your RPR with in 6.5cm PROOF RESEARCH /KRIEGER/or BARTLIEN ??

I have no personal experience with Proof. I can tell you that my GAP-10 has a Bartlein and I think it’s fantastic. My A.I. Has a Brux barrel from Accurate Ordnance, and it is also a fantastic barrel. Once you get to the top end, I think they are all very similar. May just depend on what your smith has spun up. Maybe he has a certain brand he likes working with. That may be your deciding factor.

Whatever your 'smith of choice recommends.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

I am upgrading my rifle with a proof research it is a savage. I don't have it yet so I cannot give an opinion other than everything I hear about proof is good so I spent the money there myself.

I just put a Proof barrel on my Curtis Custom action in 6xc....shoots like a laser.

PVA Cut Rifled Ruger RPR Prefit. Josh uses Rock Creek cut rifled barrels. When we talk about Rock, Bartlein, Kreiger, Hawk Hill, Mullerworks, etc. etc. they all shoot the same for me and I have them all.