• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett’s Customer service/Warranty

The Average Shooter

The Average Shooter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Does anyone have any experience with Barrett as far as customer service and or warranty? Want to pick up a used rifle but was wondering if something somehow was wrong, if I would be up shits creek or if they would stand by their products.

I have a Barrett MRAD with barrels in 6.5-CM, .308, .300-WM and .338-LM. I've had super reliable components thus far, but have called Barrett Customer Service for help with a couple of things (removing a stuck muzzle brake and adjusting the trigger). They pick up the phone, get me quickly to an expert, and twice now have solved my problem on the first call. No issues at all, and I absolutely LOVE the rifle. It's a modular form-factor that is just awesome. Changing barrels and bolt heads is literally a 3-minute job.

Yeah really loving the MRAD from what I’ve read and seen. And it comes in all my favorite flavors (calibers) already. So I e been between new or a used one about the same price that comes with 2 conversions.

Fucking awesome customer service. I had a 50 bmg M99 where the barrel cracked. My fault, had a little water in from rain, I let it freeze and then shot it. They replaced it for free, very very very quickly.

I've had tech questions about parts compatibility in my REC-10. Very helpful over email. The gun itself is also very nicely made, with quality in a lot of places that puts it a tier above all but the best offerings. I have zero regrets buying Barrett.