• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Barrett MRAD release date?

Silent_Recon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2011
Does anyone know when this rifle comes out? I know they keep saying the release date is soon, but Ive also read some already have one? I have cash on hand if anyone can help me out. Thanks everyone.

Lydon

Re: Barrett MRAD release date?

Pretty sure you can buy it through at least one vendor on here now.

That is correct. Go to the commercial vendor forum, there's at least one vendor advertising MRAD's in stock.

If you are looking at an MRAD, make sure you take a look at the SRS by Desert Tactical Arms.

Who knows when Barrett will actually have their MRAD caliber conversions. Plus the SRS will save you a few lbs and you will have a proven system.

Im trying to do a search for it on here but cant find anything? the SRS by desert tactical is nice but im set on the barret mrad. can someone pls help me find the vendor that has them for sale?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its unubtaimum </div></div>

Wtf are you going on about?

They are out there, if you can't find one in stock, get on a list. Barret is trying to get caught up to the demand.

As stated, lyn Schriver had some recently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its unubtaimum </div></div>

Wtf are you going on about?</div></div>

"Availability" for order does not necessarily mean "availability" to actually get one in your hands.

Bet you I could probably get one inside a week or two....lol.

Just called barrett they told me end of November early December. Whaaa?! Somebody explain.. She said they haven't released them to civilian market bullshit

Get a 98B. Fuck all the drama with the "latest and greatest"
The price premium isn't worth it. Bullshit about demand exceeding supply is all the rage here on the Hide.

Or the SRS is a great alternative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are out there, if you can't find one in stock, get on a list. Barret is trying to get caught up to the demand.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a 98B. Fuck all the drama with the "latest and greatest"
The price premium isn't worth it. Bullshit about demand exceeding supply is all the rage here on the Hide.

Or the SRS is a great alternative.
</div></div>
I'm sure Barrets are great rifles. I love my SRS!
wink.gif

Err, the MRAD may be hard to get, but it's not impossible. I've handled one already, and could get another one ordered immediately if desired.

Everyone's reaction upon first seeing it tends to be "That's very *brown*..."

and expensive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Everyone's reaction upon first seeing it tends to be "That's very *brown*..." </div></div>

MRADs are currently for sale. They have been extremely popular (extremely) on the front end and backorders are still being cleared out. Those who ordered early will get rifles first, as would be expected. Standing orders being filled first and "unobtanium" are two different things.
grin.gif

Caliber conversions are to be released officially at SHOT, though I hope to have them a little sooner. I'm shooting them some this week.

Put your order in ASAP. The MRAD is worth the wait, whatever that may be at the moment.

New member here. I too am looking for one with cash in hand. Any ideas?

It's definitely an awesome looking rifle. Does anyone have pictures or video of someone actuating the magazine release while behind the rifle? It seems kind of awkward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's definitely an awesome looking rifle. Does anyone have pictures or video of someone actuating the magazine release while behind the rifle? It seems kind of awkward. </div></div>

Shown at 1:12 here: http://www.youtube.com/barrettfirearmsusa#p/u/6/ykglRtlfOcA

Easy as can be.