• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett NEW 98B Tactical... 308/300/338 non switch barrel fixed stock rifle

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Just saw this last night, did a quick hide search and didn't uncover anything.

barrett-98b-tactical-lead.jpg

Apparently MSRP will be starting at about $3995 USD.
    According to the media release:
    16" .308
    22" .308
    24" .300WM

NON folding stock.
    Built in 20 MOA rail.
    Based on the 98B and MRAD, to answer some of the call in relation to requests for smaller calibres using similar technology and a proven design. This is important for us down in Australia where in some states you can legally OWN a folder but Customs will not allow their importation (standard Australian logic.... Useless).
    I'm seriously keen on one, hopefully we get some user feedback at some point.

Barrett 98B web site

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/barret-98b-tactical-video/?scrape=true

Last edited:
    When do we get to see them down here?

I have always wanted one, but .338 I have no where to make use of

I just looked at an MRAD. Pollimer guides for the bolt? Is that right? 6,000 dollars. Nice ergos but heavy for a 308. This might be more interesting. Weight partly related to barrel attachment design and folder?