• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett Rec10 Barrel Extensions?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Does anyone know if Barrett is using a standard spec large frame barrel extension like the Bat unit, or are they running some proprietary unit like LMT, etc.?

Handled a Rec10 the other day and it's a pretty nice piece. That said, I'd want to play with an 18, 20 and 22" barrel as well. We contour and chamber our own, hence the question.

Curious if they use standard DPMS external threads on the upper as well.

Not a ton of these out there , but if you have first hand knowledge I'd love to hear it.

So, they're that popular .....

So, they're that popular .....

I’ve never seen one in person. You may try calling Barrett direct and see if one of their technical folks can give you that info. They’ve been helpful to me in the past.

I’ve never seen one in person. You may try calling Barrett direct and see if one of their technical folks can give you that info. They’ve been helpful to me in the past.

Their front door is 25 miles from my house. I used to shoot with a couple of the machinists but it has been years. I'm not really interested in dealing with proprietary shit like LMT and KAC. They could be the cats ass but if I can't buy barrel extensions or need special gas tubes, etc it's not going to work for what I want.

Last edited: