• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barricades....go!

Break Bad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2012
NW Florida
Grab some PVC and wood from the garage and made a rickety wobbly adjustable barricade, disassembles and stores neatly under your bed...which I'm sure the spouse will enjoy.
59f81605b91fe729ffed752f350c8c49.jpg

Last edited:
I have a garage but I drive a Jeep Wrangler so space is always limited so I had to make a barricade that could be easily transported and decided to make a folding barricade that could easily fit in a cargo rack. I had some 3/4" plywood in the garage so all that was needed were some hinges and L-brackets to give it support. I haven't used it in a while but it works well and is surprisingly stable for being so light, I actually need to repair it, one of the L-brackets got ripped off during transport and I'm thinking of adding some 2X4's for some forend support. It was an easy project that maybe took an hour to put together.

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

I like VTAC to, I made these for our PD
018.jpg

Nothing fancy but they work

I am making one of this shortly. To cut out the holes, I was thinking to plunge cut with a circular saw and get what I can. Then wood drill bits and jigsaw the rest.

Figuring on making it foldable like the one above.

How did you attack it?

Tick, I did it just like u were thinking. All but the skinny slots where easily done with the circular saw n cleaned up the last1.5" or so with the jigsaw. You could use a plunge router if u wanted to but I think it's easier just to use the tools you suggested. They brought me cheap CDX that I think was outside for a few months lol.. Lot of chip out, but just use a plywood blade/fine on UR jigsaw n ramp up the speed.
Foldable one sounds good, might have to give that a go.
Good luck with your build.
Sean

What would you guys use for a base? I am making something similar and want to be able to push into it with my holds. I am trying to find something cheap to use as a solid base so the thing wont push over on me. Thanks.

A blue water barrel for 15$. cut in half and cut out 3 firing ports high middle low. Use tent stake to keep from blowing away. Takes 10 minutes to make.

I happen to have a lot of 4x4 angle iron laying around. I used a (2) 4 foot sections for the feet and (4) 12" sections bolted to each of the vertical 4x4 wood legs, (2) per leg. Then I weld those to the feet. I made 4 foot walls that can be used as obstacles or shooting barricades. I also made a 4x8 foot wall with ports.

Last edited: