• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Barska 25-125x88 opinions

desola

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
Spain
Please info about this spotting scope needed. Price new is 99 $. For shooting mostly 100-200 yds. Thanks beforehand.-

Re: Barska 25-125x88 opinions

STAY AWAY!! A friend of mine bought one and it was absolute junk. I cant even describe how bad it was. It made a $30 Simmons from Wal-Mart look good.

We use the 20-60 Barska (it was $45 from Sportsman's Guide) at 200yds and under for spotting bullet holes. Works fine easy to focus and see holes. That is all we need it for. If that is all your looking it will it will do the job, the picture will not be as bright and crisp as a high end spotting scope. We another relative comes with us we use his leupold spotter instead, its slightly brighter, etc but in the end does the same job.

ew, no just no...

if you cant afford more than 100 buck for glass, use iron sights.

barskas are worth 00.99 not 99.00

Iron sights for a spotting scope... hmmm. That's some good advice right there.

I also have one of the 20-60x60 Barskas, and think that for short range use it would be fine. Contrast, colors, and FOV suck, but for $85, who cares? Resolution is fine up to about 30x, and it can see .30 cal holes at 200 yards pretty reliably, but .223 holes are kind of tricky to spot at that range. At 100 yards it works fine.

you have a "25x-125x" spotting scope on your SKS "sniper rifle".
Wow. I don't post much, but that say one thing

FAIL

Spend the $100 on ammo for a frien with a better spotter.

Major

Spend a little more time here and you will recognize a sentence dripping in sarcasm, with a side order of mall ninja.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFCMAJOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you have a "25x-125x" spotting scope on your SKS "sniper rifle".

FAIL

Major </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spend a little more time here and you will recognize a sentence dripping in sarcasm, with a side order of mall ninja.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFCMAJOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you have a "25x-125x" spotting scope on your SKS "sniper rifle".

FAIL

Major </div></div> </div></div>

That's hilarious
laugh.gif

I should probably learn to spell too. Now covered in my unseen order of sarcasm w/ gravy.
Thank you, I'll be in the corner playing nintendo.

Major

I bought a Barska once, before I knew better. Do not make the same mistake. I gave the POS to a friend's kid, to use as a telescope.

Get the NCStar 20-60x60 its a big step up in quality and $50 less!!!
grin.gif

Damn, if only counter sniper made a spotting scope....
smile.gif

Just look through a friggin milk jug for a spotter and save yourself some money. Jeez, WTF is up with every cheap bastard looking for reassurance that their $100.00 optics is awesome. I can't wait for school to start again.

Just wanted info since I don´t have spotting scope yet. But it seems that people like Shankster knows everything about scopes... I guess a 100 $ scope is not close to a Swaro or a Kowa but no need to be rude, buddy. Thanks to all other people, Desola.-

Desola,

Save a few more dollars and buy an entry level scope from a reputable manufacturer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just wanted info since I don´t have spotting scope yet. But it seems that people like Shankster knows everything about scopes... I guess a 100 $ scope is not close to a Swaro or a Kowa but no need to be rude, buddy. Thanks to all other people, Desola.- </div></div>

Desola,

Nobody is trying to be rude to you. What they are telling you is that your making a $100.00 mistake. But it is your $100.00 and spend it any way that suits your fancy.

But you asked for opinions. And in everybody's opinion, Barska is junk. Now if that's the best you can afford to do, then buy you a Barska spotter. Live with it, deal with it, and when you can afford better, buy better.

Hell I started with a Tasco spotter way back in the 1970's. It was junk, but I made do, until I could afford better. And when I bought a better spotter, I gave the Tasco away, to a new shooter who could not afford better. It was still junk, but it was better than the nothing he had.

And if you buy a Barska spotter, it will be better than nothing; but junk is still junk.

YMMV,

Bob

Check them out locally or buy online from a vendor that takes returns if you are unsure. I have the one that is now $49 (member's price) from sportsman's guide: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/Ba...mp;kwtid=283308

Our local ranges are all 200yds and under, like what OP was looking for. We can see 22lr bullet holes at that distance. We use 60x and it will focus at 60x at that distance. There are 10 pages of reviews at above link. Barska does not make riflescopes or spotters, they are a "label" and market mostly chinese optics. This does work to see to bullet holes at these distances, we use it all the time. While I'm sure other much more expensive optics can do the same job and give a brighter image, this works and I would rather spend more on scopes, rifles, and ammo.