• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Barrel for 457 / 455

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I have a new barrel, I have waited on it for a while. It is the Bartlein .22LR with Bentz Chamber. It is my Intention to use a 455 action I have, and get a Chassis for this rig. The weak point, I think , is going to be the trigger. I would really like to have a replacement that can be down to about a lb. or so. Suggestions ?

Which chassis ? Thanks for your sage advise.

I would check out triggers by scar. Look into PDC for a chassis.
Although I do not own one it is my impression that the SCAR triggers are the best option for a 455 trigger. I have modified several CZ's (455's) and the trigger is the weak link of the system. Not being able to fit a FLY in the chassis I went with a DIP adjustable sear and can get a safe reliable trigger at +/- 1 lb. I also use PDC Custom chassis and I do not think a SCAR will go in the chassis without serious inletting and the material removal is mostly in the area where the bolt holds the main body and butt stock together. I could not use a FLY trigger in the PDC and contacted SCAR and was told the bodies were approximately the same. Please research it more to absolutely verify about the trigger fit.

Scar definitely doesn't fit in PDC without material removal. Removal of material does slightly breach the (1of 2) hole that holds the two piece chassis together. There was still enough integrity to get torque on the screw. I epoxied both screws as well as the surfaces of the chassis that mate. Its a one piece chassis now. I also removed material around the area the action contacts it snd bedded it. It's a pain in the ass but I would definitely do it again. Its a sweet shooting 455.

Reactions: accurate obsession
I have the Timney 457 trigger on mine that has a Craddock/Bartlein barrel and MPA chassis. Its a fantastic combo. I have my trigger set to about 18oz but I can get it below 8oz if needed.

Before you go spending a bunch of money on a new trigger you should try a Yodave spring. I have one and it’ll put my trigger into the single-digit ounces. Might be worth the $20 to try it out first.

Before you go spending a bunch of money on a new trigger you should try a Yodave spring. I have one and it’ll put my trigger into the single-digit ounces. Might be worth the $20 to try it out first.
That sounds like a very good idea….I have not tried that. Thanks for that reminder.

I did the Yo Dave and liked it, but my son runs a bolt like a Gorrilla and it wore out. Replaced with a Timney trigger and that works great. A HUGE improvement over the stock trigger and a big improvement over the Yo Dave kit.