• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Carbon Fiber 6.5CM AR308

If there was ever a group buy on this CF Bartlein 6.5 CM barrel you spec'd, I'd be in on it.

-ZA

Reactions: LongRangeAggie
This 6.5cm Bartlein AR Carbon fiber barrel is finally in the queue. As soon as it arrives we will get to testing, first with our known loads from its all steel counterpart currently on my gasser.

Same specs as my all steel Bartlein

22"
6.5cm
+2 Gas
5/8-24 muzzle

As an FYI, these are not available for order. This is strictly for testing purposes at this time. No guarantees on if this will even be available for a special run group buy. Stay tuned...

I wound up buying a Proof 24" CF 6.5CM barrel (got a killer Memorial Day deal on it), but still interested in your findings padom!

I wound up buying a Proof 24" CF 6.5CM barrel (got a killer Memorial Day deal on it), but still interested in your findings padom!

I'd be interested how that proof compares. I was not impressed with the one I tested a few years ago. It wasn't nearly as accurate or consistent as my Bartlein steel barrels...

Been watching this thread and did the same except I went 20". Would use a Bartlein over a Proof(or any others) any day if it were available. Will be interested to see how it goes. I do have some builds waiting to be finished that need some other AR barrels.

Reactions: padom
My worry about sinking so much money into the barrel is expected barrel life. whats the round count to replace the barrel.

My worry about sinking so much money into the barrel is expected barrel life. whats the round count to replace the barrel.

Barrel life is going to differ based on your shooting style. If your mag dumping 6.5cm rounds in your large frame gasser I don't care if your shooting an all steel barrel or a CF...your going to significantly reduce barrel life.

If your not dumping mags and heating your barrel up constantly then your going to see a much much longer barrel life. That's been my findings over a ton of 6.5cm gasser barrels.

The purpose of my testing is to see if the Bartlein CF is just as accurate as its all steel counterpart and what the weight savings ends up being. That could be the difference in deciding to hump a large frame gasser around vs an AR. We shall see..

Another thing is what load are you shooting?? If your shooting max charges that's gonna reduce barrel life as well.

My go to 6.5cm load is a 123 Scenar and 130 AR Hybrid. Yes, I have some really accurate 140gr loads but I just find a 123 Scenar and 130 AR Hybrid load to be perfect for a 6.5cm gasser.

Expecr 1800-3500 depending on the factors mentioned above...