• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Carbon Wrapped Barrels

Guys we just got a whole pile of these, around 50 or so. Theyre $700
they are in stock now, we have these coming monthly

Our announcement:

Bartleins announcement:

Ordered mine today for an upcoming 6mm build. Was able to get a 26” :)

Would like to see some weights listed. I have a hunting rifle planned, i need the extra barrel diameter to run a can, but dont want to add all the weight. I was planning on another proof, but if these are lighter I might be swayed.

Would like to see some weights listed. I have a hunting rifle planned, i need the extra barrel diameter to run a can, but dont want to add all the weight. I was planning on another proof, but if these are lighter I might be swayed.
I think similar to proof. I don’t think their in a weight per inch race but I could be wrong.

My take is this is a cf variant from Bartlein.

26” cf in #13 contour is 1lb less than an all steel med Palma same length.

I think he quoted me in the upper 3lb range for mine.

I just saw a facebook post by GA Precision about Bartlein offering carbon wrapped barrels. This should be very interesting....... Anyone else see this?
Are these just wrapped like the Christensen Arms stuff or are they spun and wound the way Proofs are? If they’re just merely wrapped then I’ll pass. Wrapping will only insulate heat more and POI will suffer once you run a good enough amount of ammo through it. Had several CA Ridgelines and after a good 20 or so shots in a load development session all accuracy went out the window. After getting a proof spun up I haven’t had nearly as much POI shift. They have a unique way of strengthening the core steel barrel with the way they lay the carbon fiber. Something to think about. If they are doing something like Proof then that’s the real competition for Proof.

Reactions: Basher
I saw the post, and this does spark joy 😉 Additional quality options in this space can only be good. Good means Proof level, not CA and problematic...

Digging the colors: totally unnecessary sure, but if available why not?

Are these just wrapped like the Christensen Arms stuff or are they spun and wound the way Proofs are? If they’re just merely wrapped then I’ll pass. Wrapping will only insulate heat more and POI will suffer once you run a good enough amount of ammo through it. Had several CA Ridgelines and after a good 20 or so shots in a load development session all accuracy went out the window. After getting a proof spun up I haven’t had nearly as much POI shift. They have a unique way of strengthening the core steel barrel with the way they lay the carbon fiber. Something to think about. If they are doing something like Proof then that’s the real competition for Proof.

Spun with a fiber/strand.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Can you get some weights?

The attached spread sheet is for reference. We picked 6.5mm for the bore size to get the weights. Bigger or smaller bore will effect the weight a little.

For reference a #14 M40 contour at 26" all steel barrel weighs approx. 6.2#.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Attachments

• CFW contour and weights.pdf
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,942
Somebody needs to build up one of these and report out on results. I don't think they would have released them if they were not up to par with the SS barrels ... not a good business move for an established company. Very excited about this!

Talk to George at GAP, Greg Young at SPR and Wade Stuteville. All of these guys got barrels for testing and for feedback to us. I know Wade himself has a 6GT up and running a 6.5CM and some version of a 6mm short case that he runs at times in PRS. None of these guys called and gave me a single complaint. So don't take my word for it but ping these guys and ask them what and how they feel about them as well.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Some more pics attached.

All of the barrels will have a 2" extra steel section on the muzzle end. We still say you have to cut 1" off to cut and crown and bring the barrel to finish length. This still should give you plenty of room to thread the muzzle for a brake attachment etc...The picture with the white dot's on top of the barrel was so I could attach a mirage shield. This was one of the early testing ones (3rd time around on testing CFW barrels in like 5+ years). The heat was coming off the barrel so fast in a short amount of time that when shooting the mirage coming off the barrel effected how the scope reacted to the sight picture/target paster.

Attachments

• carbon fiber wrapped barrel on rifle2.jpg
    carbon fiber wrapped barrel on rifle2.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • CFW contour picture breech end.jpg
    CFW contour picture breech end.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,003
@Frank Green will left hand gain twist or AR-10 barrels be available with the carbon fiber wrap?

Left hand twist and gt barrels for rifling are available per order. Not stocking any per say but yes you can order them that way.

At this time no AR barrels are available. Some testing is just starting on AR stuff but we have plenty to do just for bolt gun barrels at this time. If we would offer AR contoured CFW barrels it'll get announced some where.

I was hoping someone would ask this too. Im interested in a shorter carbon fiber tube too.

Shorty barrels....can we do it? Yes but it will be per order. The way we will make them means extra time/work on our end. One reason is normally the shortest blank we rifle is 21" and what I call a 20" finish length. In my opinion to do it right for a guy wanting a 16.5" finish length barrel it means more work for us. Price is the same but because of the extra work involved....it would be made per order.

@Frank Green
Will you offer a 16.5” finish length in .224, 6mm, 6.5mm and .308?

Will you have a carbon blank offering that will work with AI short and long action rifles?

As far as AI rifles go.....which version/model. If it's a older AI version with the standard/smaller breech threads then any of the barrels we make now will work. If you need the larger breech end for the larger threads then I will say not at this time. Can it be done? Yes.

Guys we just rolled this out. So some of this stuff will possibly come at a later date. More options than you can shake a stick at!

Reactions: MPrimo and lash
As far as AI rifles go.....which version/model. If it's a older AI version with the standard/smaller breech threads then any of the barrels we make now will work. If you need the larger breech end for the larger threads then I will say not at this time. Can it be done? Yes.

Guys we just rolled this out. So some of this stuff will possibly come at a later date. More options than you can shake a stick at!

You had to go an tease us with the possibilities. ;)

Exciting times for Bartlein.

So which contour is going to be closest to a proof sendero lite?

The #13 Rem. varmint contour. Sendero / Rem. varmint are basically the same thing. Our barrel has a 1.200" breech diameter. Standard Rem. Varmints have 1.250" breech diameter.

Also normally the muzzles from the factory vary anywhere from .820"-.840". We do a standard .830".

No matter what if the stock is inletted in the barrel channel for the Rem. Varmint/Sendero contour it should for the most part drop in.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Reactions: DJL2 and M338
It will be pretty interesting for sure. Looks like might be 6-7oz difference before you start removing the extra. So probably pretty close by the time you are done.

Looking at a 20" 6.5cm

I've never considered a CF barrel until now. What profile would be best to match a heavy sporter?

@Frank Green how short of a shank could you go with? Assume I could go down to 1” or 3/4”? Not worried about doing a setback in the future

Not sure what your asking about 1" or 3/4"? Just on the breech end? The blanks from us come with a 2.75" breech length of steel showing. I would say cutting an extra 1/2" to 1" off the breech should be doable. Probably have to ask what you are chambering it in?