• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Carbon Wrapped Barrels

Picked my rifle up today after a little longer wait then originally planned. I picked up a Manners EH1 inlet for a Gap #6 and thought it would look good enough. It didn't, so I sent it back and lucked out when they had a flat top EH1A in stock. Manners got it to me in 2.5 weeks when their website said 5 to 8. I was very surprised and glad I got the adjustable cheek piece in the end.

Anyway, here's the good stuff.
IMG_20200702_171355.jpg
IMG_20200702_171332.jpg
IMG_20200702_171322.jpg

I'm still working on a load for mine (.30-06, 208 ELD-M). I've fired some sub-MOA groups, but nothing impressive and I'm confident the rifle/barrel has more to give. It'd be nice if my McM would hurry up....wild to me that I could get a newly debuted Bartlein CF chambered and shooting before the stock that was ordered like 4 months before the barrel got done, heh.

Two points on my Bartlein CF:
1. It's fast...getting over published with factory ammo, seeing more than expected with hand loads by ~ 100 fps...so, that's nice.
2. It moves heat in a hurry. I damn near melted my MSv3 strap right through the first time I used the two together and only needed ~15 rounds to do it.

It seems like the 208 ELD-M I'm working with, so that's good...and the extra fps is a boon, too.

Reactions: Frank Green
OK I’m calling first dibs!!! What a sweet rifle! How long is the barrel?
Thank you, 22inch. Definitely my favorite GAP, I really like the EH-6A. Has a wonderful feel in hand.

View attachment 7394206
This is a 7mm 23” #4 chambered in 7-08 for @Oregonmuley . It’s sideways because I’m an idiot. I’m not done with the rest of the rifle but want to tell @Frank Green and the guys at Bart that this barrel looked really good. Incredibly straight, land/groove dimensions were dead on. I do a lot of carbon barrels, this one really stood out.

Thanks Shooter71!

Later, Frank

Reactions: Shooter71
Picked my rifle up today after a little longer wait then originally planned. I picked up a Manners EH1 inlet for a Gap #6 and thought it would look good enough. It didn't, so I sent it back and lucked out when they had a flat top EH1A in stock. Manners got it to me in 2.5 weeks when their website said 5 to 8. I was very surprised and glad I got the adjustable cheek piece in the end.

Anyway, here's the good stuff.View attachment 7365244View attachment 7365243View attachment 7365242
Nice!

View attachment 7394206
This is a 7mm 23” #4 chambered in 7-08 for @Oregonmuley . It’s sideways because I’m an idiot. I’m not done with the rest of the rifle but want to tell @Frank Green and the guys at Bart that this barrel looked really good. Incredibly straight, land/groove dimensions were dead on. I do a lot of carbon barrels, this one really stood out.

Shaen, how much did you cut off each end? Shank looks like it’s about 1”?

For the guys who have their hands on #4 contours-- I have sentimental wood stock that can easily fit a 3b... want to see about a #4 and I don't have one (steel or CFW) handy.

Can someone get me a diameter @ 11.5" forward of the recoil lug?

Shaen, how much did you cut off each end? Shank looks like it’s about 1”?
1” off fat end, shank was about 3/4” if I remember. I can’t remember exactly how much I took off the muzzle but think it was about 1/2”.

@Frank Green any idea what the lead time is on the black CF barrels now? Can’t seem to find a 6.5mm #13 24” or 26” 1:7.5 or 1:7.75 twist.

2EC0B5E0-49DC-4E99-AF04-AA0939CB5E79.png
E8FAD7D8-E077-48CF-99BF-7527E637EC70.jpeg

I put together 4 6.5 PRC's built by Spartan Precision for a couple buddies. Lone Peak Razor Ti, Mesa precision stock, trigger tech primary, 24in Bartlein Carbon. The group on the left is shots 3,4,5 down the barrel. The group on the left is shots 2,3,4 all using factory eldX. To say the came out perfect is an understatement.... big shout out to CS Tatical for the help gathering parts so quickly and Marc at Spartan is unreal!!

Might have a contoured blank on the shelf that isn’t rifled. It’s either a 24” or 26”. If it’s there you could get it in 1-2 weeks.

Later, Frank

Frank, just wanted to say thanks for the reply and offer! I ended up talking with Southern Precision who said they happened to have some coming in and I was able to get one there. The support here on the forum is another reason I'll be buying Bartlein CFW from now on. Thank you!

Reactions: Frank Green
A month and a half since the last post. Who else has some images or feedback to help me live vicariously through you?

Price is great. Keen to see what the weight of the heavy contour m24 carbon barrels are?
I bought one for my 6.5 PRC build. It’s the M24 at 26” not chambered. It weighed a little under 4lbs. Finished it might end up 3-4 ounces more than proof but the 5r rifleing inside barrel was reason I went with it.

Reactions: rydah
A month and a half since the last post. Who else has some images or feedback to help me live vicariously through you?

A couple of pic's for ya. Mine is green in color. Goes nice with the Manners stock.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Attachments

• CFW Green Franks Rifle.jpg
    CFW Green Franks Rifle.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 406
  • CFW Green Franks Rifle2.jpg
    CFW Green Franks Rifle2.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 417
Here's one I recently had built by XR Gun Works. Pretty much everything in the picture except the barrel and scope mount were things I had sitting around so I decided to put together a light-ish weight rifle (not a fan of 8lb rifles and didnt want to be THAT light). It came together well and shoots fantastic, couldn't be happier. Total rifle weight including optic is just a hair below 12lbs. Took it out chasing mule deer last weekend and the weight was perfect.

Origin short action (Re-purposed from and older match rifle)
Bartlein CFW 8T 24" M24 in 6.5x47
KRG Bravo
Area 419 Hellfire
Vortex PST Gen 2
MPA scope mount
TT Diamond

DSC_0010.jpg

Thanks guys. I’m sold. Decided on a receiver, now just to decide between 6.5cm or 6.5prc and to pick a profile and barrel length. Too many damn choices.

Have the blank just waiting on the stock before it gets sent out to put together

Attachments

• 20201018_134440.jpg
    20201018_134440.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 20201018_134421.jpg
    20201018_134421.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 181
So I purchased a defiance tenacity and a 24” 6.5 in the varmint profile and a 7.5tw. Hopefully the fast twist rate does ok with the Barnes 127gr lrx.

Spartan has my action and barrel. Can’t wait. Anyone have any updates/range reports etc?

I've got a 6.5mm Left twist on order. Going to put it on a new Archimedes action.

Just received my TRG22 back from GA Precision. They supplied, chambered and fit a Bartlein CF 6.5 barrel they chambered in 6.5 CM. The work appears flawless. I had time to mount the scope, and zero. Initial groups were all bullets touching. Im i pressed with both Bartlein and GA Precision!

View attachment 7424865View attachment 7424866

Do you know what contour was used on your build? I'm thinking of doing one for my TRG, and using the same B&T bipod spigot as well.

Dumb question (forgive me, I drink a lot)......but I take it the #4 carbon wrapped barrel has the same contour as the sporter #4??

Do you know what contour was used on your build? I'm thinking of doing one for my TRG, and using the same B&T bipod spigot as well.

I put a Proof Sendero barrel on my TRG22 (Close to an M24 contour) with the KRG Atlas mount and I had to mill off some material on the Spigot to get it to clear, it was super close even when I milled it down. The Factory TRG contour is pretty light in comparison.

Jake