• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAT Machine TR Action

I in now way think Josh bashed BAT, he just showed what he had experienced. He didn’t even mention he used Bighorn. You brought that up. Nobody makes perfect actions, they all have plus or minuses. Why do people take things so personal on the internet..... good grief. Lol

Josh definitely wasn't intending to bash BAT, but until someone proves his findings to be a single or rare occurrence of poor quality control, I'd never consider buying a BAT action lol.

Reactions: Bender
Let me jump in and say this.
I just spent a few minutes on the phone with @JamieD and he brings the customer service forward that one would expect from a situation. He had nothing to do with the purchase, he didn't make a dime off the action and he's a competing business to us. He stood up to offer his assistance getting the action fixed. That's a stand up guy right there. Thank you Jamie.

As for the Bolt handle weld and the bolt face. I have never seen a Bat Tactical Action come through that way. Never! It even lends me to question if someone worked on that actions handle and bolt face or galled the bolt face with a steel go gauge / no go gauge that was dirty (chips and oil). Or a tight and forced closed gauge. Maybe a stuck bolt that caused a broken handle and re-welded! I don't know, but that is not like any I have ever seen in my 12 years of working with and knowing Bat and Bat Actions.

To be clear - you sell big horn actions and build on them. You don't sell Bat's. I'm not here bashing other actions or posting pictures of other actions to sell mine. That always leads to question your motives.
Sniper's Hide, conspiracy edition. I love where this is going.

1521815571632.png

Reactions: Bender
No Conspiracy : )

I don't deal in these actions at all. I build short action calibers mostly. I spoke with Daryle and hope to speak to Josh again soon. Learned a lot about the EX actions. I will do my best to help. I hope I explain this correctly as these are not my actions and have never seen or touched one personally. Again, I am just trying to help.

The bolt handles are threaded on, the marks on the machined part of the handle are the threads themselves showing through. This was the way they did bolts in the EX that were not to be Melanited. At first glance, my though was a bad weld : ) Daryle at BAT offered to remove the handle, put on a welded handle and even Melanite it if Josh would like.

The Bolt Faces are Milled on the EX that is why the pattern. And on some of the EX actions the threads are milled and cut with multiple teeth spinning cutter. I guess it can leave a chatter like appearance. That is why I don't see them on the BTA's. Or it could be slight chatter. They have done them both ways. I am not an expert on their process, I am only passing along what we talked about.

Lastly, I will be speaking with Josh to try and help in any way possible to make this right the way he would want it. I do remember shooting with him many years ago. So if I can help, I will. Give a call when you get a chance to talk Josh.

Thanks,

Jamie

Reactions: nbutze
$1600 is very expensive but I'm going to try the Mausingfield in the near future.

Here is a great video from Short Action Customs showing the features of the BAT TR. Some very good info that I didn't know much about this action. It sounds like Short Action Customs will start carrying these.