• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bates USMC RAT Boots

Re: Bates USMC RAT Boots

If you don't plan on getting them wet or putting them through really harsh use you will be fine. They are super comfortable. When I was I Afghanistan I wore them everyday on patrol for a few weeks until after getting wet enough times I could not get my foot back in them, then the seems started splitting.

I wore a pair of Bates boots every day for a while. They lasted a year. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and bought another pair, they also lasted a year. They were comfortable, they just did not hold up well. There are lots of other good boots out there, I don't see myself buying Bates again.

What's the difference between the Bates and Danner RAT's?

Well I can't tell you anything other than what I have been issued. Danner is a better boot. I only had the Bates RAT boots but the danners regular boots I was issued were way better quality than other Marine Corp issued boots. Also, if you are just in the military style boot market I would whole heartedly recommend Garmont boots. They retail for the same price or less than Bates or Danners and perform better. That's just my experience and 2 cents from the field.

Hard to put on and mine along with many other platoon members' fell apart in about about 3 months of patrolling. BUT, they are comfy