• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

battle rifle/zombie rifle

Re: battle rifle/zombie rifle

I am dissapointed in myself for reading this entire thread. black_ump needs to grow a set and make a decision for himself. two words...GUT INSTINCT.
this is all i have to say.
goodbye

just go get your pansy ass one of these:
RUG1201.JPG

I hear all the little girls love them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chase102798</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: agent-smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chase102798</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone know the only real way to kill Zombies is with a Phased plasma rifle in the 40- watt range</div></div>

Now we're talkin. Where can I get me one of those?
smile.gif
</div></div>
Hey, it's just what you see pal.</div></div>

What? </div></div>
The "Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range" is a line from "The Terminator". When Arnold/"The Terminator" asks for a "Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range", the guy behind the counter replies "Hey, it's just what you see pal".

Just a movie reference that failed.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: agent-smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a movie reference that failed.
frown.gif
</div></div>

I got it, it's used a lot on gun forums.

As for you black_ump I have to echo the above. You need to figure out what you want/need; or go hang out on ARFcom and buy whatever they tell you to, though that will change about every 3 months so you better have deep pockets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squattingcoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am dissapointed in myself for reading this entire thread...</div></div>

I'm considering starting a support group for people like us.

This seems very appropriate.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEkWH8DB7b0&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEkWH8DB7b0&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I had a dream last night that I was being attacked by zombies... for some reason I forgot how to aim and was forced to club 'em with my UMP. Each time I would land a solid blow against the face of my attacker, my UMP would break in half.

I woke up and quickly ran to my safe to find my two AR15s.

Phew, only a dream... I will be safe, when the day comes.

4480144225_b39c196f25_b.jpg

I'm going to post an honest suggestion here... why not keep the UMP and work on an AR15 build over time, (assuming finances won't allow you to complete one without selling your UMP)?

Lowers are cheap.

P.S. At one time you loved your UMP enough to name yourself after it here on the Hide... I dunno if name changes are allowed here, but are you really prepared to re-register as "black_ar15"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Volatile</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to post an honest suggestion here... why not keep the UMP and work on an AR15 build over time, (assuming finances won't allow you to complete one without selling your UMP)?

Lowers are cheap.

P.S. At one time you loved your UMP enough to name yourself after it here on the Hide... I dunno if name changes are allowed here, but are you really prepared to re-register as "black_ar15"? </div></div>

this is vary true..... besides just about every thing every one said is pretty true... lol i def needed a cyber bitch slap.... why worrye about beating some one if you have a mag full of bullets..... haha what an asshole.... i have just been so worried about plastic guns lately and all the what if's ... what if it blows up in my hands ( had a usp do that once ) what if this what if that...

thanks for the verbal beat down i think i will take the ump off consignment tomarrow lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you jack asses i didnt mean zombies as in real zombies... iam not worried about that stupid ass crap. zombie means.. well like if the shit hit the fan and people where robbing other people and all that chaos kinda shit...

i just stoped by that gunshop today and put my usc/ump on consignment so i will be browsing gunbroker and reading guntests to see what is good out their..... i have been stuck under the hk trance for to long </div></div>Way to let the light of Christ shine through you there, bud.
I'm just sayin...

X2 on just keep the UMP and get an AR as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> with pride i shoot an hk usc/ump with aimpoint, i take the rifle out to 100 yards no problem and i feel vary vary good about this rifle, I think if zombies attacked or my house was under siege, my 45 cal usc/ump could get the job done.

How ever i was at this new gunshop today and to be honest the guy their ( iam not up set at him in any way ) sort of crushes my feelings, he was speeking the truth though. the usc/ump has a plastic frame so its not like you could beat some one with it if you had to. and with all of todays modern guns the usc/ump really has no place ( say vs an ar15 )

then i got to watching the magpul tactical carbine videos, if some one showed up at one of those schools with a usc/ump haha i bet the would most likely send them home lol.

so i really dont want to switch to 223 considering i load 45 for both pistol and rifle but do you think he is right and i should switch over ? iam actully so urked by this i have been thinking of selling it already, maybe i need to just settle down and get my head back on straight or somthing</div></div>

Too much time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Agent Law</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Metal guns can kb, too. </div></div>

not true.

Only glocks and umps kaboom.

Those are the facts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems very appropriate.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEkWH8DB7b0&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEkWH8DB7b0&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Epic! i always wanted to use that video comment on my step dad lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats the most awesome sig I've ever seen. </div></div>

WOW! Yeah...FarmBoy28's sig line is definitely the highlight of this thread thus far!!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she has cute eyes </div></div>

She has eyes?

Your first mistake is letting a shop owner/salesperson tell you what you need. That's what this forum is for.LOL
I have walked out of stores because the salesperson tried to convince me that he knew what I wanted better than I did. I like to do my research and have a very good idea of what I want walking into a store. At that point, if they want to change my mind, they better come up with something better than "it doesn't make a good club".
In all seriousness, the most effective weapon is the one you have access to and the one with which you are the most familiar and competent. An AR-15, while being a fairly versatile and effective platform, is neither the most "modern" battle rifle, nor the best club. I have an AR, and it would be my "go-to" gun because I have confidence in it and my ability to use it effectively, and I have plenty of ammo for it. That being said, I realize that the AR platform has it's drawbacks and limitations. The FN P90 and F2000 are both much more modern and very reliable designs. They are also very pricey, and are less useful than an AR for "busting heads".
Your second mistake is that you seem to lack confidence in your weapon of choice, or your ability to use it.
don't let someone else tell you that you or your weapon can't do something you know you are capable of. If you are confident in yourself, your equipment and your training, fuck what some salesperson tells you. If you are not so confident, you need more practice/training, or no weapon in existence will make a difference.
If you want a good gun for killing zombies, go with a Barrett .50BMG. Zombies will actually explode when shot with a .50, and the rifle is heavy and solid enough to club a rabid elephant to death with.
If you want a good "battle rifle", choose something reliable, with ammo that is readilly available, easy to find replacement parts, and practice like the zombies are comming next week.
And shoot them before they get close enough to beat with your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want a good gun for killing zombies, go with a Barrett .50BMG. Zombies will actually explode when shot with a .50, and the rifle is heavy and solid enough to club a rabid elephant to death with.</div></div>

Ya see? This is why this site rocks.... I was just going to start a thread asking about rabid elephant clubbing and BAM!!!!

The fact that I could also make zombies explode, it what I like to call "the bonus round".

This thread went from ridiculous to worthy and saved me making a whole new thread...
smile.gif

HK is one of if not the best, in terms of quality and reliablity, firearms maker. That rifle will outlast you, the comment from that gun shop guy was idiotic.

are u serious were dedicating our time to this i just lost 20 min of my life ill never get back

Btw, koch is pronounced coke.

This should settle things once and for all!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TSfv4IUUVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TSfv4IUUVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

My primary criteia for a Zombie gun is, will it fit under the bed? Cause that is where I'll be spending my time after all this zombie talk. Hell I just finished melting down my coin collection to cast silver slugs to stop the Vampires. Now you throw this at me.

no offense OP, but...

A. Based on your motivations, strategies, and plans for SHTF scenarios... my advice is to sell your guns, go to the mall, find nearest kiosk, buy a samurai sword and some cool ninja stars.

B. Learn to spell.

C. Make friends with someone who has an AR. You can hide behind them while storming beaches and such.

While "zombie" threads are always fun....I think it might be more instructive to read real-life scenarios of what happens when civil society collapses.

We don't have to go to the distant past to do this. In 2004 Argentina's economy collapsed. Crime skyrocketed. It is still a mess. Here is a blogger from Argentina that tells exactly what happened:

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

His conclusions - yes have a rifle, but the *most useful* weapon is a handgun....because you tend to attract attention if you are trying to run errands with a battle rifle over your shoulder!

The feces has hit the oscillator in Argentina, and it can be very dangerous for decent people to try and survive, but the handgun (He favors the .357 Sig round) is more useful than a long gun in urban self-defense. Whether you agree with his conclusions or not, he definitely has some useful insight to share.

If an Argentina-like currency collapse comes to the United States (and this is not an impossibility!) I do believe you will see crime skyrocket. If zombies were to also simultaneously attack, then of course you should have a tripod-mounted machine gun! :>o

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> with pride i shoot an hk usc/ump with aimpoint, i take the rifle out to 100 yards no problem and i feel vary vary good about this rifle, I think if zombies attacked or my house was under siege, my 45 cal usc/ump could get the job done.

How ever i was at this new gunshop today and to be honest the guy their ( iam not up set at him in any way ) sort of crushes my feelings, he was speeking the truth though. the usc/ump has a plastic frame so its not like you could beat some one with it if you had to. and with all of todays modern guns the usc/ump really has no place ( say vs an ar15 )

then i got to watching the magpul tactical carbine videos, if some one showed up at one of those schools with a usc/ump haha i bet the would most likely send them home lol.

so i really dont want to switch to 223 considering i load 45 for both pistol and rifle but do you think he is right and i should switch over ? iam actully so urked by this i have been thinking of selling it already, maybe i need to just settle down and get my head back on straight or somthing </div></div>

Ime knot sure if ewe are serious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well iam thinking eaither pof or scar </div></div>
You spelled SCAR wrong its spelled POS but the POF is GTG </div></div>

Actually, scar is one of the few words he spelled correctly.

If the gun shop guy you are talking about is so insistent that your UMP is ineffective, tell him you will be happy to buy an AR from him, just as soon as he puts his money where his mouth is and lets you shoot him with those "ineffective" .45acp rounds until the magazine is empty, and then beat him over the head with it until it breaks in half. Smile when you say it to him, and then see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

And if not; then YOU need to ask yourself if HIS opinion qualifies him to give rabies shots to ugly cats, much less dictate what firearm(s) YOU should select for your own personal survival concerns, home defense, "zombies", or SHTF scenarios.

Look at it this way- IF you are considering home defense or an attacking group close enough to need hand-to-hand combat, why would the .45acp in 230gr hardball NOT be effective against opponents not wearing body armor? And if they are the kind of organized forces who ARE wearing body armor in such a case, then why are you STILL IN THAT AREA TO BEGIN WITH?!?!? If you are facing such overwhelming odds, retreating beforehand in a discrete fashion is going to be the smartest move, not committing to a banzai charge flailing your empty weapon. (You DO know what became of most of the Japanese soldiers who used that tactic, don't you?)

You're a civilian. That offers certain disadvantages in a fight, and some advantages IF you use your head. Look at Bosnia, Argentina... Hell, look at parts of Iraq and Afghanistan. You are looking at a LEO for ideas about "what you need". Why don't you look at what has worked and is working (and what is not) for those whose position most closely resembles your own, in situations that you are concerned about occurring- not in Hollyweird drama, but in real life.

And remember- IF that event occurs, to someone else, YOU are the "zombie" that THEY are going to be preparing to defend against, too. Something to consider in your planning, eh?

But as far as your weapon goes, the gun(s) you have (and have ammo for, and know how to use and keep working) ALWAYS beats the gun(s) you don't. Work off of that, and then expand your arsenal to be able to respond to different needs with different tools.

That's MY opinion, anyway. You are perfectly welcome to consider me full of crap. I'm not LEO, .mil, or a Hollywood horror movie writer/actor, so what the hell do I know, anyway?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This should settle things once and for all!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TSfv4IUUV...3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6TSfv4IUUVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object> </div></div>

zombie survival guide book? is that for real? i should get one...

yet my us army manual kinda seemed like to ultimate survival guide...

Everyone knows that when it comes to zombies and shtf
the only one true trusted weapon is a bolt action rifle!
in 5.56 or higher fast and reliable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when this forum was dominated by professionals or at least people that didn't act like 15 y/o girls.

</div></div>

I couldn't have said it better myself, when did the Hide turn into ARF.com </div></div>

It appears that it started on July 16, 2007.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My primary criteia for a Zombie gun is, will it fit under the bed? Cause that is where I'll be spending my time after all this zombie talk. Hell I just finished melting down my coin collection to cast silver slugs to stop the Vampires. Now you throw this at me. </div></div>

silver bullets are for werewolves...geez get your imaginary monsters right
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when this forum was dominated by professionals or at least people that didn't act like 15 y/o girls.

</div></div>

I couldn't have said it better myself, when did the Hide turn into ARF.com </div></div>

It appears that it started on July 16, 2007. </div></div>

May she Rest in Peace

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB,

What the fuck is wrong with you?

3) 90% of all gun store personnel are morons, frauds, mall ninja or combination there of. They want to sell guns..PERIOD. I'm sure if he had HK SL8's or FN SCARs he would have used a different approach in that polymer is the wave of the future!!!

4) All other factors aside, if you are worried as to how many people your firearm will "beat to death" before it breaks.....your tactics suck and death is imminent.

pointblank is my f'ing hero

UMP- I sincerly hope this post was a joke, if not.. once again natural selction has failed
</div></div>

This thread is a huge pile of mung and should be discarded in the depths of hell!!!! AHHHHH

black_ump you should be really upset with yourself!

Zombies tend to bunch up, and a good CQB rifle is perfect. Or, maybe a good scattergun too. A shorty AR with a red dot sight is almost mandatory.
Robots - due to their thicker armor and deeper penetration required to mess up their vital circuitry require a heavier caliber, say, .308. Its best to keep the robots away from you so long distance shooting is the best tactic.

shit I am glad my time is fucking meaningless I'm not getting that 5 minutes back