• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bausch and lomb 4000 elite now with pics

abenewson

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
avondale az
I found a bausch and lomb 4000 elite tactical scope at a local pawn shop Saturday. I couldnt resist and had to put it on lay away. It looks like it has never been used not one scratch on it. It even comes in the factory box with papers and three rings already mounted. i know it is an older model but for a beginning tactical scope it should work fine for me.

I am putting it on a Winchester model 70 in 300 win mag caliber that i purchased used at cabelas last year. So for a starter rifle i think i can learn how to shoot. The caliber is heavy for starter but my i saw it and had to buy it. At that time i was looking for a remington 700 in some 300 caliber. So i couldnt pass it up.

After shooting it a few times with the elite mounted, if its to much for me i will pick up a smaller caliber. Which i am sure i will do anyways figuring ammo is a bit pricey for it. I probably be picking up a 22 or compatible to start.

I was to excited to remember the specs of it also forgot to take a few pics of it. Impulsive purchases are the worse. As soon as i get it out i will post pics and specs. just wanted to share my find and see what you guys think of the combo.

Re: bausch and lomb 4000 elite

mo money pawn on indian school and 12 st. That one has alot of everything inside. Very surprising especially on there firearms in stock. The 1911 he has in there are works of art

I have an elite 3000 4-12 that I bought for my Sendero in 7mm Mag many years ago (I got one of the first runs of the 7mm).

I still have that scope. When I have something that needs good glass and is nearly bombproof, I mount that scope.

Bausch and Lomb 4000 elite tactical: Fixed or Variable?

It is build like a tank no joke. Talk about heavy think it wieghts more than my rifle. Fixed or variable I don't know really want to go get it tho. I might have to wait till next week.

Classic quality fixed 10X Mildot tactical scope. I will never get rid of mine. Has bookoo travel (Mine has 126 minutes). See "in review" in Sniper Country for in depth review.

The Bousch &Lomb (Not Bushnell!) Elite 4000, 10X40 was and still is a great scope. My son & I met the B&L Eng. Rep. at the shot show (8 or 9, maybe more ?) years ago. We told him that we had two and that they worked great for us. He told us that they lost money on every one they sold and they would be discontinued from their line (also, said that they had sold some to the Army and Navy (I guess at a list price of $1600+), but not the quantities that they had hoped for. Currently we have four (bought the last one on the Hide for $650 last year (like new), I think many will say, old technology, there right, can’t compare to a S&B, NF< PR or others, but it is still a great fixed power scope for a reasonable price (if you can find one!). A review is posted at: http://www.snipercentral.com/bl10x.htm
We only shoot out to 600 yds. So the 10X works out. These are a completely different animal than the Bushnell 10X40. (My son is into the high priced scopes, but that’s another story!)

Not bushnell but bausch and lomb..Has it under the turrets...guess i found a good deal...with every review i come across says it is great scope for price...as long as it works i should be happy then...cant wait to go get it...might have to tomorow...as soon as i get it i will post some pics and specs of what it is...

used to own that scope. In fact that's my very scope in that review. Built like a tank but I couldn't stand the reticle. Way too thick of a reticle. I've been waiting for someone like horus vision to offer basic reticles as replacements for older ones. I always liked the idea of being able to get custom reticles installed in most scopes but the horus line of reticles are just way too busy and cluttered for my taste. I think that was the one downside to the scope. Other than that, mine had 144 moa of adjustment and VERY VERY solid clicks. No mushiness what-so-ever.

Wished I could find another for close to what I pd for the one I have!!! Pretty nice glass but the parallax adjustment doesn't make me warm and fuzzy.

If you decide you don't like it keep me in mind. Thanks.

Respectfully,
Dennis

SDWhirlwind will keep u in mind if i dont keep it...

i was looking at the pic in the snipercentral review and mine had the tube longer. Way longer it has three thick detach rings installed and it was some shade of green. Cant wait to go pick them up. Should be in a couple days hopefully.

well went and picked it up..It is a bausch and lomb 10x40...Just like in the review...previous owner painted so i am going to take off green paint and redo in black so it matched my rifle...It also came with three qrw 30mm ringshere are a few pics...hopefully will take it to the range this weekend and see how it does

S6301198.jpg

S6301196.jpg

S6301193.jpg

Question: How the hell did the guy that painted it green avoid getting the paint onto the markings on the turrets?

He probably went back over the markings with a tiny brush & gold paint.....either that or one hell of a tape job!!

I didnt care for the green especially on a black rifle...As u can see the green paint was chipping in a few spots...I tried to acetone it off but it wouldnt budge...So i just painted it...Removed the turrets and taped bottom 1/4" just were the numbers are...I taped off the turrets towers and i left the top screws green looks pretty clean...

I was wondering the same thing...

Took the rifle and scope out today...got it zerod in at fifty yards...way to windy for 100 yds shot twenty rounds or so...scope is working great glad I bought it...

To windy for a .300 win mag @ 100 yards? Is there a hurricane in Phoenix I didn't here about?