• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bcm charging handle issues pof

joseph-98

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
Nevada
www.instagram.com
Any one have this issue with the bcm charge handle

It is really hard to lock the upper in place and very hard to actually cycle thr bolt? Dont know... kinda sucks

Any one want to buy a bcm charging handle for a 762x51 lol

Any one have this issue with the bcm charge handle

It is really hard to lock the upper in place and very hard to actually cycle thr bolt? Dont know... kinda sucks

Any one want to buy a bcm charging handle for a 762x51 lol

what are you running?

from the web site

The 7.62mm version will NOT fit:
Rock River Arms LAR-8
Bushmaster BAR-10
SIG 716
Smith & Wesson MP-10
Colt LE901
H&K 417/MR762

I run a 7.62 Raptor in mine without issue which doesn't answer your question, but it does give you a better option! ;)

That said, I know at least two others (besides Rye) that run the BCM Mod 3 (large) CHs without issue in their P-308s.

Ya I run bcm in all my ars but my p.o.f ar10 is a real shitty fit.. and I have to pull real frickin hard to charge the bolt it feels like the handle part is where its hanging up

Like the rear shelf where the handle rests when locked is too high or the opening is too small?

Have you tried any others besides the BCM and the one that came on the rifle?

Could be that the receiver wasn't machined correctly, or the handle. I might be inclined to measure both CH's with a caliper in some dimensions and see what's different.

I could take some measurements on my BCM and compare?

The BMG is about 1/16" shorter than the stock one. I used the BMG's on two of them rifles, they worked fine & made pulling better from under scope. I can't believe I just said something nice.

My experince has been, it would not fit my Armalite AR-10, wouldn't even close. I also have a GAP-10 built on the hogan reveivers, it too will not completely close. The underneath side of the charging handle needs to be machined to allow it to sit completely flush. I've been intending to do this but as of yet have not got around to making it happen.

I am using the BCM Gunfighter CH on both my POF P-308, LMT MWS and Armalite AR10A4 without any problem.

Last edited:
I made an inexperienced idiot mistake when building my maten. I tested for function without a barrel installed (let the bolt slam home) and it slightly smashed and distorted the Mega handle to produce the same issue you describe. I bought a BCM handle to replace it and it works great. Not thinking you did that, but someone else might learn from my mistake.