• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM Having Production Issues?

D_mantley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
Louisiana
Anyone have any information on BCM’s production issues. Called and spoke with them and was wondering if they are still producing uppers. Was told they have production issues and no ETA on anything, which sucks because all my rifles are BCM’s (oh and one 6920).

I don't think BCM manufactures anything. Their claim to fame is QC. They have fixtures/gauges to check every single part they assemble a rifle with. Like OE800 said... They probably cannot source parts.

Last word I heard was they had an 18 month backlog on rifle/upper orders.

I have bought three uppers in the last three weeks or so from their site. If you see one of the models you like, type in your email to be sent an alert when it is in stock. They are releasing small batches of a few models every day at random times for an hour or two before they sell out.

I believe they are doing this to stop people from buying up all their uppers and reselling them. Also, you could try randomly visiting the site and selecting the "in stock" feature when searching their uppers, but the three I purchased were all from being sent an email alert. There have been other times where I followed the email link a few hours later and everything was already sold out, so act quickly!

I am attaching three screenshots to show even now a few uppers in stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-115105_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-115105_Brave.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20210115-115126_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-115126_Brave.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20210115-115135_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-115135_Brave.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 137
I work w lot of overnight shifts with my job. There’s times their site updates at 237am to show some of their popular products in stock. Just have to jump on them instantly

I work w lot of overnight shifts with my job. There’s times their site updates at 237am to show some of their popular products in stock. Just have to jump on them instantly
Very true. I have been sent "in stock alert" emails in the middle of the night, in the afternoon, early in the am, on Sunday, etc. Seems to be random on purpose.

FWIW....Aim Surplus just got some BCM uppers in stock... 11.5", 12.5" 14.5" ELWF, 16"

I am pretty sure BCM mentioned something about a price increase, I think within the last few months.

I gotta say, price be danged, I almost ordered another BCM upper for the back of the safe... just because it was right in front of my face.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Thanks. That’s crazy how the 11.5’s went from $600 to $799.
BCM has always had an election year pricing policy to my recollection. They undercut dealers/sold at their own MAP all the time, except during elections. Now you’ve got a pandemic, an unfavorable White House incoming, and unrest.

BCM has always manufactured in batches and been hard to get evenn in normal times. Everyone is increasing prices and they are the cheapest top tier manufacture you can buy which is why there is aways hi demand.

Costs have gone up everywhere and if you arent increasing prices 3-5% per year, everyear you are losing money or cutting quality to maintain prices.

BCM has always manufactured in batches and been hard to get evenn in normal times. Everyone is increasing prices and they are the cheapest top tier manufacture you can buy which is why there is aways hi demand.

Costs have gone up everywhere and if you arent increasing prices 3-5% per year, everyear you are losing money or cutting quality to maintain prices.
I agree with the above. BCM is still very reasonable with its pricing for a great product. They won't cut corners in quality to stay cheap, which is the whole reason to buy bcm in the first place.