• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM recce 14 accuracy?

[email protected]

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2014
Hey guys I'm looking at ordering a BCM recce 14 with a battle comp and KMR. Does anyone have any range reports or know what kind of accuracy I would be able to expect. The other option would be a DD V7. Any comments about the DD are also welcome.

Hey guys I'm looking at ordering a BCM recce 14 with a battle comp and KMR. Does anyone have any range reports or know what kind of accuracy I would be able to expect. The other option would be a DD V7. Any comments about the DD are also welcome.

BCM and DD are both top tier rifles but they are not target guns. You might get lucky and do better but I wouldn't expect than 1.5-2.5 moa from either of them.

Assuming it's their typical chrome lined barrel they seem to be 1.5-2 with a good load. Also why the battle comp? It's expensive and kind of sucks compared to other compensators out there recoil wise.

Plus don't know if the BCM rifles are even available yet or what kind of backlog they have.

Last edited:
Like this one? https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=4347

Like said above, likely somewhere around 1.5 MOA.

Not sure if you want an alternative, but you could order a very similar BCM upper with the 14.5 ELW (or ELW fluted) barrel and I think the groups would be better. Not precision, but better, maybe 1 MOA give or take. There have been some very good reports on the ELW barrels on m4carbine.net. Going this route gets you a lighter and likely more accurate barrel and saves you some money, $1350 ($8-900 for the upper with either a BCM comp or BC1.5 pinned and about $435 with a BCM lower from G&R).

Like this one? https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=4347

Like said above, likely somewhere around 1.5 MOA.

Not sure if you want an alternative, but you could order a very similar BCM upper with the 14.5 ELW (or ELW fluted) barrel and I think the groups would be better. Not precision, but better, maybe 1 MOA give or take. There have been some very good reports on the ELW barrels on m4carbine.net. Going this route gets you a lighter and likely more accurate barrel and saves you some money, $1350 ($8-900 for the upper with either a BCM comp or BC1.5 pinned and about $435 with a BCM lower from G&R).

Or buy a BCM upper with a SS barrel!!

I would think long and hard before going 14 1/2". Being an inch and a half shorter isn't worth the commitment you make when welding the pin!

I would think long and hard before going 14 1/2". Being an inch and a half shorter isn't worth the commitment you make when welding the pin!

I second this, especially if you think you will EVER change muzzle devices. I ran a BC on my gun for a while and then decided I didn't like the muzzle movement or flash signature. I would have been up a creek had it been pinned.

For pure accuracy there are much better choices than BCM.

For relibaility and quality, BCM is among the best.

For pure accuracy there are much better choices than BCM.

For relibaility and quality, BCM is among the best.
+1. Mine have never really shot better than 1moa if I really push for a good load, 1.5-2 is very realistic but love the reliability and Quality.

The SS410 barrel is definitely the way to go for accuracy, I just wasn't sure if he was only interested in the 14.5" barrels. Can't really go wrong either way.

I've got one of their 16" ion bonded SS barrels and shot a hair over MOA with Federal AE 55 gr, much tighter with better ammo. Could've been luck but this barrel hasn't shot badly with any ammo.