• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BDM help and Manners T4, T4A question

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I am looking into a BDM system for a build. I am eyeing the Badger Ordnance system, but I also came across the Manners MiniChassis. What would you pick of the two and why? Plan is to run the AI AW mags.

Secondly, I am looking into the Manners T4 or T4A. My question is, is the T4A worth the extra money over the plain T4? Also, what can be said of the ergonomics on the T4?

T4A (or T2A) with minichassis and be done. No bedding, no fitting, no crap adj cheek piece, no hassle.

T4A is my first high end stock. Ergonomics are great for prone and the easily adjusted cheek height is great for fine tuning when shooting conditions change significantly.

T4A is my first high end stock. Ergonomics are great for prone and the easily adjusted cheek height is great for fine tuning when shooting conditions change significantly.

Is the adjustable cheek piece worth it for you? Are you running the minichassis or a DBM?

The mini chassis and the adjustable cheek piece are worth it. You could get pillars and glass installed and it may or may not be as accurate as the mini chassis. The cheek piece will allow you to fit the rifle to your physical requirements.

For me at least, I will never own another stock without an adjustable cheek. Adjustable length of pull either for that matter. For some reason I need a long length of pull and I can't stand having to use a stock pack. The mini chassis is a sweet deal too. Once you have it you never have to re bed for another action again.

For me at least, I will never own another stock without an adjustable cheek. Adjustable length of pull either for that matter. For some reason I need a long length of pull and I can't stand having to use a stock pack. The mini chassis is a sweet deal too. Once you have it you never have to re bed for another action again.

That right there is exactly what I needed to hear. Sounds like the T4A with minichassis is the one. Thanks much

The other plus is that it's roughly the same cost as using badger bottom metal and paying someone to bed it but doesn't have the associated wait time. Add that to the fact that it's done forever for whatever action you bolt it to. Until I experience otherwise or decide I need surgeons bottom metal I see no reason to go any other route. Hope it helps you decide. Ultimately you have to see what works for you personally.

That right there is exactly what I needed to hear. Sounds like the T4A with minichassis is the one. Thanks much
    I got the T4 with MC, it's great but I'm kind of wishing I got the T4A instead. I'm getting by with the blackhawk pad though, at least it's a lot cheaper and lighter.

AJV this has mini chassis, DBM (fits AI style mags), carbon fiber instead of fiber glass for reduced weight, camo pattern molded in. When I looked at the rifle it had a T4 stock, and I gladly paid a little extra to upgrade to the "A" version for the adjustable cheek rest. To me proper cheek/eye alignment with the scope is one of the most important requirements when shooting prone; I completely rest the weight of my head on the cheek rest for consistency and comfort. At my local range, shots are essentially horizontal from the concrete pad to the berm. Recently shot longrange at Bangsteel where most of the shots are up-hill, which required a small adjustment in the cheek rest height to regain the best alignment and comfort for several hours of shooting. Is this flexibility really necessary? No but it sure is nice.

Proper cheek weld is one of the most important aspects of gun fit and a good adjustable comb adjusts in 4 directions; up and down as well as left and right. Being able to adjust LOP (length of pull) is nice, but being able to set/tune your comb so it positions your head/cheek/eyes in the same place time-after-time is well worth the few dollars they cost and help improve your consistency.

AJV this has mini chassis, DBM (fits AI style mags), carbon fiber instead of fiber glass for reduced weight, camo pattern molded in. When I looked at the rifle it had a T4 stock, and I gladly paid a little extra to upgrade to the "A" version for the adjustable cheek rest. To me proper cheek/eye alignment with the scope is one of the most important requirements when shooting prone; I completely rest the weight of my head on the cheek rest for consistency and comfort. At my local range, shots are essentially horizontal from the concrete pad to the berm. Recently shot longrange at Bangsteel where most of the shots are up-hill, which required a small adjustment in the cheek rest height to regain the best alignment and comfort for several hours of shooting. Is this flexibility really necessary? No but it sure is nice.

Awesome. Your post and Sig Marine's have me convinced. Going to go for the T4A, minichassis, with elite carbon fill. Should be an awesome setup for my first precision rig.

Get flush cups on the RH, LH, Front, Rear, and bottom too. I got them RH and LH, wish I had gotten bottom and wish I had gotten the Spacer system for the LOP.