• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Beam scale for small charges

264win

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2008
    whidbey island wa.
    Looking for recommendations on a non electric scale that is accurate on small weights ( 2 grains ). My 505 has been great for larger weights but seems to struggle with 1-2 g charges.

Strangely enough the cheap Lee balance beam measures small charges well enough.

As a child when I started reloading my dad had me measured every charge when loading for a .32 pistol.

When batching airrifle pellets by weight, the balance showed itself to be very consistent.

Reactions: 264win
    Look for an older 10-0-5 or M5 model on eBay. Great, consistent scales.

Avoid the 10-10 models

Spot on advice, I have an old M5 as a backup to my digital scales and that thing is spot on and it’s very sensitive. You‘ll be surprised and very happy with one.

Not so sure this answers any questions, but Ohaus is building their beam scale again. Been using my beam scale by Dillon Precision that proudly says right on the front, “Made by Ohaus.” Purchased it in 2001, check it regularly with scale weights, Never lets me down.

IMG_0474.jpeg