• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bedding a B & C Medalist stock

oldfatguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
Have done a lot of reading re: bedding. I must be missing something because all I've read covers piller bedding.

My B & C medalist stock, Rem SPST, has an aluminum chassis. Is the procedure the same for a stock with a chassis pretty much the same as for a pillar bedding job?

Thanks.

OFG

Re: Bedding a B & C Medalist stock

Yep. Apply tape to the barrel, put your locating bolts in the receiver, apply relase agent, put a dab of goop at each bolt, lower your action into the stock & walk away.

Sorta of. You'll want to perform a "skim" bedding. Since all of the strength you need in the stock is already provided by the aluminum bedding block.
fr
You'll need to rough up the action block a little to make a good bond for the epoxy. I used a very rough sanding drum on the dremel at low speed. This makes some deep scratches all over the place that epoxy is going to go. From there, you're going to apply epoxy and bed the action just as any other action. The tape on the barrel is a big tip. You want to get this right before you start messing with the epoxy. Wrap the barrel with tape at the end of the stock so the barrel will sit perfectly centered and at the right level in the barrel channel. There are some fantastic threads around here with a bunch of pictures. Read them completely and read them again.

Good luck, post your results or any other questions you have on it. I had B&c stock which required skim bedding to align the barrel properly down the stock.

Mike

Thanks for the responses. Already have the clear Kewee and masking tape. I'll get the Devcon ordered today and post pics when I can.

OFG

Do a search. I have a whole thread here about bedding an SPS-T into a B&C medalist.

The search function here is kinda sucky so let me know if you can't find it.

Thanks for the lead to the thread & picts. Those along with Wm Roscoe's writeup are good info to have before trying something new.

OFG