• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bedding a Tikka Mastersporter ??

TS2

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2003
Missouri
i have a mastersporter that i would like to bed and add pillars , looking to see if anyone has done the job and any pointers that i may need to know .

Thanks for any replies
TS2

Re: Bedding a Tikka Mastersporter ??

You can ask Mac Tilton from MT Guns. He is a super nice guy and is a tikka master sporter expert here in the States. Be warned though, he will probably tell you it is not necessary. Well anyways that is what I got from him when we were talking about the master sporter I had.

Have you taken the action out of the stock? There is an action block (kind of like a barrel lug on other rifles) that mates the front of the action with the stock. So how do you propose you pillar bed the stock with the action block there? Just thinking out loud.

Hope this helps

Re: Bedding a Tikka Mastersporter ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can ask Mac Tilton from MT Guns. He is a tikka master sporter expert here in the States. Be warned though, he will probably tell you it is not necessary. Well anyways that is what I got from him when we were talking about the master sporter I had.

Hope this helps

</div></div>

Thanks for the reply , i have emailed Mac a couple of times all ready on the Tikka that i have , as it is a model that he has never seen in the US before , it has the set trigger and two screws for the cheek adjusting and he said it's looks better than any model he has seen on the fit and finish of the Tikka's .
im going to do a bed job all ready made a different bolt knob and getting ready to machine a threaded handle for it .

Thanks for the reply
TS2