• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bedding,Modifying and Airbrushing...DIY adventures

Re: Bedding,Modifying and Airbrushing...DIY adventures

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy Santa Claus Shit! That looks amazing! I love doing my own painting, but yours just looks perfect. What stencil burner did you get? I've just been using tape and whatever size stencils I can find. Which most are too big or too small for riflestocks. </div></div>

I just ordered the cheapest one off Amazon. I think it was $16 or something cheap like that. It's a must if you need a bunch of stencils.

Thanks for all the positive responses everyone! Sorry, I haven't been babysitting this thread. I just assumed it was long burried by now.

Very nice to see a success story from a guy that has never picked up a pencil sprayer.

I need to do something like this. I have a stack of Iwata shit that is doing nothing but wasting away

Good work mate, never seen anything like this. Definetley professinal work. Does this rifle shoot as good as it looks though?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alee18</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good work mate, never seen anything like this. Definetley professinal work. <span style="color: #FF0000">Does this rifle shoot as good as it looks though?</span>
smile.gif
</div></div>

In the end, it's still just a 700p chamber and barrel. It shoots about 3/4 moa which is about what it shot before I started working on it. It still shoots better than me on most days. I typically shoot 1 to 1.25 moa
frown.gif
. Eventually I will re-barrel it, but what I really need to do is stop spending money on it and start spending my money on ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locked&loaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice work.. </div></div>

Thank you. Your stuff looks bad ass too!

kick ass first time man, really nice stuff

Nice work man... This is the first paint job of this kind a really like.

holy shit! Was that your first go at painting a stock? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have just a small amount of artistic skill...

Whatever it is you do now, if it is not stock painting, you should reconsider.

That stock is sick, dude. I have to laugh, because I am thinking about what a stock would look like if I painted it. I have zilch for artisitic ability. Good job man.

Excellent work, man! I love how you brought The Constitution into it and the skeletal hand.

For those of you asking for groups. Here are a couple. They are probably the exception. My ability is not always this good.

100 yards
Rem7005rndsat100yrds.jpg

200 Yards
DSC00198.jpg

Dang that is cool...

I cant help it though the first image I had was imagine the look on the TSA guys face at the airport if you checked that to go to a match.... LOL

Dave