• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Beef in Central Nebraska

Don’t know if there is any interest in a quarter of half of a beef. I have a steer going in to the butcher shop next week who needs a good home. Approximately $850 per quarter with processing included.
Not real familiar with buying beef by the quarter. What cuts and lbs approximately are we looking at for the $850?

0521F556-35AB-4C6C-BE18-A271E7721099.jpeg

$850 seems a little high for a 1/4 I just split a half with a buddy a month ago hanging weight was 500lbs and I gave $850 for the half the cow was $1375 plus butcher fees, maybe location plays a big part I’m in Oklahoma

Exact cost of a quarter is:
Hot carcass weight * $2.00/lb
Processing @. $0.75/lb
Plus $120 kill fee ( $30 per quarter)

So a 205 lb quarter yielding 145lbs of retail would cost
205lbs*$2.75/lb= $563.75 + $30 = $593.75 total

All varies on actual animal weight.

Reactions: inspcalahan
Around here getting in line at the butchers is the biggest battle. Like last nov. I heard they were booked through 3rd qtr 21....busy times...beef on the smoker is hard to beat.

Reactions: Beefmanne
That’s no joke we scheduled another cow when we got the last one because they said they were close to a year out

Well, this time I am surprised about what I learned here! 😆
But then I was wondering about this very subject yesterday!
Oh the irony!!! LOL

Local butchers here are booked two years out, local young guy is just getting started, he will be running next week. Anyone in NW IA or SE SD I can set you up with beef anytime... just brought one in last week

it's a little bit high, my neighbor just bought and butchered a steer, weighed 1500lbs, total cost after processing was $3000. Thank God i raise my own, so i know the quality of my beef and only have to pay processing. Owning a liquor store and having an owner of the local pack that likes Evan Williams gets me in the door quicker than some ;)

Awesome thread! We switched up to buying all of our meat this way. We're about wrapping up a huge hog from early summer and just grabbed a 1/2 beef that's even getting the dry age treatment. Fortunately things have calmed down up in this neck of the woods. Pork's almost immediate and beef is a month or two out at most.

Exact cost of a quarter is:
Hot carcass weight * $2.00/lb
Processing @. $0.75/lb
Plus $120 kill fee ( $30 per quarter)

So a 205 lb quarter yielding 145lbs of retail would cost
205lbs*$2.75/lb= $563.75 + $30 = $593.75 total

All varies on actual animal weight.
$120 kill fee...with this crew, you could surely find someone to do that part cheaper ;)

So 1500lb * 63% = 945 hot carcass weight
945 * 2.75 + 120 = 2720
I think you’ve been slipping a little Evan Williams. 😆
I doubt u have a steer yielding 63%. That's promoted as fact with most selling beef, but fiction if you ask the actual folks doing the packaging.

MOo is what's for dinner
cows should be revered honored and served grilled mmmm steak
1612236662608.png

I like mine with salt and pepper I guess everyone has there preferred method of preparing cows