• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Been a pretty a good Hunt.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Shot that big sucker at 253yds with a 175gr berger BT LR right at the top of the neck...he didn't move an inch. Not bad for a target round
    wink.gif
    whish he would've been further 253yds to everyone on here for an animal that big is a chip shot haha. Right at 1.2 mils figured it would be a little high which it was but i think it worked in my favor. When i say big sucker i mean he's fat, not really a trophy deer but it took me and dad to get his heavy ass in the back of the pickup. Realized how out of shape i am haha.

Re: Been a pretty a good Hunt.

nice kill!...but i wouldn't let anybody know you did this with a .308 and a non hunting boolit.....it's incapable....LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice kill!...but i wouldn't let anybody know you did this with a .308 and a non hunting boolit.....it's incapable....LOL!</div></div>

Thanks!

I thought about not mentioning it. But i had actually gone out that day planning to shoot a doe in the head...well he stepped out and I couldn't help myself. I figured neck shot would do just as well whether the bullet fragmented or not, it's not having to hit hard bone like shooting them behind the shoulder on directly on the shoulder, which i would conventionally do with a spitzer. Turned out it went in took a right angle and shredded the lungs. I wont be doing it often but he didn't move hehe. If i can find a VLD hunting 175gr that is above .500 G1 BC i'd probably stick with those so i could do both. hehe

Nice, and Amax's do a fine job too. Seen a lot of talk about they aint supposed to be good hunting bullets.

i have yet to have a smk or an amax not do the trick on whitetails. including the .224 75 gr amax. of course its moving at 3650ish fps. now, going up to hogs(big ones at least) or elk, id go for a dedicated hunting round (the exception for this is my .338 lapua. the 300gr smk has done admirably)

God I hope the 300smk works lol thats one hell of a whitetail that doesn't go down taking a hit by that. I checked my elevation i actually had dialed down a tenth of a mil to 1.1 instead of 1.2. 1.2 was for 275yds. I shot him at 253, but he was facing me at maybe a 30 degree angle. Hit him in the mid-upper neck and the bullet took a right turn and shredded some vitals and got stuck right on the outside of his hide.