• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bees!!

Bummer. I've been thinking about getting into bees here lately. I can get ag exemption for them in Texas. Plus theres nothing like that raw honey. I grew up harvesting honey from my grandfather's bees. Man the cap off that honeycomb is the best!
You got that right. Opening the fresh comb has a distinct different taste than even the honey its packed in.

Reactions: XP1K
Ive never been hit by an African Bee, but Yellowjackets are worse than wasps, r even hornets. And they attack en masse.
I'd rather get hit by the yellow jackets. They just don't have tge effect on me the red wasps, or the big orange wasps do. The big orange ones hurt.

I got into some African bees once on the tractor while mowing. Had a great uncle tell me once to never unload the tractor in the case of bees. In his words, they can't outrun that diesel. I stayed with the tractor and those suckers let me have it for at least a mile. And they were still wearing the tractor out when I got where I was going.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I'd rather get hit by the yellow jackets. They just don't have tge effect on me the red wasps, or the big orange wasps do. The big orange ones hurt.

I got into some African bees once on the tractor while mowing. Had a great uncle tell me once to never unload the tractor in the case of bees. In his words, they can't outrun that diesel. I stayed with the tractor and those suckers let me have it for at least a mile. And they were still wearing the tractor out when I got where I was going.
We learned as kids, if you hit a nest run through brush or bushes, it will knock them off and confuse them. It works.