• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Before you build a trendy Dasher, 6BRA, 6.5 PRC.... the PRS finale was just won with a 6 creedmoor

I gave the you sites mission statement from the owner and it says nothing about being "centered around" or dedicated too any particular form of LR shooting. Thus your definition of "centered around" does not mean dedicated solely to and good thing too otherwise I'd have to blindly accept all the habits of your shooting discipline as a condition of my being here but since that's not the case. You are correct this is America you are free to spend your time however you like and I'm free to give you light ribbing and tell you that I think you're a chump for it and you're free to be become offended.

Now commence the Snow Flake bitching because not everyone is interested in PRS.

Do you happen to know the Phoenix Eye?

I gave the you sites mission statement from the owner and it says nothing about being "centered around" or dedicated too any particular form of LR shooting. Thus your definition of "centered around" does not mean dedicated solely to and good thing too otherwise I'd have to blindly accept all the habits of your shooting discipline as a condition of my being here but since that's not the case. You are correct this is America you are free to spend your time however you like and I'm free to give you light ribbing and tell you that I think you're a chump for it and you're free to be become offended.

If you are not interested why come here and read the thread? Then start talking trash? Just to be an epic douchehole? Fucking loser.

Do you wear Velcro sneakers by chance?

I'm sorry how dare anybody come to the house of PRS and insult the sport oh wait this isn't the house of PRS. Nevermind guess I'm not out of line.

I guess all you can do is Snow Flake bitch and throw insults huh.

Deal with it waiting in line all weekend to shoot sucks.

Last edited:

I'm not interested in Prs. And when I'm out hunting the snowflakes bother me because I'm a little whiny bitch. Damn, damn, damn little frickin snowflakes. Oh shit here another coyote...boom.

nlenwk.jpg

If you are not interested why come here and read the thread? Then start talking trash? Just to be an epic douchehole? Fucking loser.

What are you talking about the threads about the caliber used by the winner which isn't even accurate information.

I didn't talk any trash it was a light ribbing at most which is VERY consistent with acceptable local etiquette here. Some guys are just so damn sensitive.

What are you talking about the threads about the caliber used by the winner which isn't even accurate information.

The thread title is actually accurate info. I was trying to start some shit (which seems to have worked) by posting Phil’s pic of the 6.5prime boxes he used to carry his 6cm 115dtac loads. Frank blew my cover and this thread has become a shitshow.

Try a prs/NRL match. Chances are you will have fun and get your ass handed to you.

The thread title is actually accurate info. I was trying to start some shit (which seems to have worked) by posting Phil’s pic of the 6.5prime boxes he used to carry his 6cm 115dtac loads. Frank blew my cover and this thread has become a shitshow.

Try a prs/NRL match. Chances are you will have fun and get your ass handed to you.
I think our "friend" would enjoy the American Rifle Series better...

R

Last year it was won with a 6.5x47. It's more Indian than arrow.

Yep. Show up with a 6mm flavor running a high BC 105-115 2900-3100fps or a 6.5mm running a high BC 130-140+ running 2700-2900fps with a accurate consistent load like everyone and their brother runs and the chambering isn't going to be the reason that anyone won or lost. The winner will be the one who made the fewest mistakes every time.

Says a chump from California who doesn't have enough sense to live in a free state and was probably never a Scout Sniper.

See kids this is why you're a chump if you spend your weekends standing in line at match all day waiting for your turn to shoot when you could be four wheeling into a glorious section BLM or Forestry land miles from another soul and have epic scenery and no line.

So you prefer 4-wheeling to shooting? I don't get the comparison between the two.

LMFAO!!! ????????

You gotta love when Dirty D shows up to straighten out a thread! ????????

I'm not knocking what he's using, but the 6 creedmoor was a wildcat just a few years ago, and the 6 BRA has better barrel life. I think it's the shooter in this situation.
And 6BRA wasn’t a wildcat just a few years ago?? Am I missing something?

And 6BRA wasn’t a wildcat just a few years ago?? Am I missing something?
Possibly, that was my exact point. They're all new, just some are newer, and in the chase for a more effective cartridge, I would prefer the 6 BRA barrel life. Additionally, it's the shooter, not the round that makes the biggest difference.

I'm not knocking what he's using, but the 6 creedmoor was a wildcat just a few years ago, and the 6 BRA has better barrel life. I think it's the shooter in this situation.

Well, my 6mm BRA shoots like my 22LR rifle. I just got done with my fire forming and worked up a load over the weekend. Moving from a dasher to a bra without giving up the speed. The bra has my vote for a new prs tactical bolt rifle.

Possibly, that was my exact point. They're all new, just some are newer, and in the chase for a more effective cartridge, I would prefer the 6 BRA barrel life. Additionally, it's the shooter, not the round that makes the biggest difference.
I wouldn’t argue against the shooter being the most important part of it all, but you have to admit that what makes a “more effective cartridge” is an objective target. To you, more effective just may mean decent barrel life and still get the job done with enough velocity. Others may think that more effective means being able to push at the edge of the speed limit while not having to buy a kit for the mag to make the round feed effectively. Some have no issue with barrel life if they have found a way to minimize its impact.

Just playing devil’s advocate here. I do not own a 6mm rifle. I have paid close attention though and have considered both the 6 bra and the 6 Creedmoor as a future choice. Sometimes is just comes down to making a personal choice as to what “you” are looking for at that point in time.

Reactions: Tunnuh
I wouldn’t argue against the shooter being the most important part of it all, but you have to admit that what makes a “more effective cartridge” is an objective target. To you, more effective just may mean decent barrel life and still get the job done with enough velocity. Others may think that more effective means being able to push at the edge of the speed limit while not having to buy a kit for the mag to make the round feed effectively. Some have no issue with barrel life if they have found a way to minimize its impact.

Just playing devil’s advocate here. I do not own a 6mm rifle. I have paid close attention though and have considered both the 6 bra and the 6 Creedmoor as a future choice. Sometimes is just comes down to making a personal choice as to what “you” are looking for at that point in time.

What you have to look at is the seeing your shots, the creedmoor will most likely cause you not to see your last shot.
The bra at least on my rifle does not kick anymore then my 22.

I would prefer the 6 BRA barrel life.

This is why I chose to build my first match rifle, at least, in straight BR instead of a hotter 6 (6Dasher, 6x47, 6Creed, etc.). Over the life of a barrel I save $525 (cost of a PVA Nucleus shouldered pre-fit) which equates to about 1,500 rounds of the ammo I'm loading. This means more practice since I know I'm not great right now. It also means less load development for a new barrel. I'm also able to use 10% less powder than most Dasher/BRA loads (30gr vs about 33gr) and at least 33% less powder than the Creedmoor and similar cartridges (30gr vs 40+gr). I get around 1,800 rounds per 8lb jug of powder compared to ~1,600 for a Dasher/BRA or 1,300 for a ~40gr load in a hotter 6.

The long and short of it is that it means I can afford to shoot more, and that's where I expect to see larger gains rather than chasing a couple tenths of wind hold right now. If I ever get to the point where I feel like the cartridge is holding me back (or if the barrel life of the BRA turns out to be similar to the BR) I'll go ahead and make the swap when this barrel goes, but for now I'll run what I've got, save some money, and practice as much as I can. The recoil thing for the 6mm cartridges is a non-issue to me, I got my start shooting the 6.5mm 147's at 2900 fps in an 11lb hunting rig so I learned a lot about managing recoil to see hits/misses (though being able to recoil with my current heavy gun is something I've seen benefits from).

I'm aware the other cartridges have ballistic advantages that I'm missing out on, but for me the trade off of increased practice time is far more valuable than the ballistic advantages. My money is better invested in a membership to a place like CRC and in sending more lead down downrange at the moment.

Reactions: Tunnuh
What you have to look at is the seeing your shots, the creedmoor will most likely cause you not to see your last shot.
The bra at least on my rifle does not kick anymore then my 22.
Seriously? I have shot .260 without a brake for years up until lately and see my impacts and misses just fine. 6 Creed would be cake. I see my impacts when shooting my .338 LM too, though admittedly not always while on barricades and loose supports.

Says a chump from California who doesn't have enough sense to live in a free state and was probably never a Scout Sniper.

See kids this is why you're a chump if you spend your weekends standing in line at match all day waiting for your turn to shoot when you could be four wheeling into a glorious section BLM or Forestry land miles from another soul and have epic scenery and no line.

Just leave now. Save us the headache of giving you some knowledge that apparently you were never taught.

Or MAYBE just MAYBE you will come in here and drop so much knowledge we will be blown away.

Eagerly waiting to be taught some of your much more experienced life lessons.

I don't disagree that the efficiency is relative to the target, but we were talking about a PRS win so I felt that was implied. I shoot .260 also, but after looking at and shooting the various 6mm's available, the 6 BRA is a better choice IMO. The OP alluded to a shooter no longer needing to chase cartridges and the 6 creedmoor would get it done, but for PRS match application I believe the BRA is more efficient in barrel life and powder with similar performance. BTW, I appreciate you rerouting this away from the shit show it was becoming;as this could still be a constructive post for people who want to learn something.

Reactions: Ripdog28 and lash