• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Begara B14

Seth Hainz

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2022
Missouri
I’m looking to catch the eye of the Begera guys. What are some of the best aftermarket or non aftermarket things you have done to improve your rifle in some way? I currently have the B14 6.5 creedmore and I’m looking to upgrade it. I was wanting to try to centralize a thread to make it easier to find these things.

What particular b14? They all have the b14 action, minus premier, they have minor upgrades over standard b14.

In the non-aftermarket category, get ready to Dremel a pretty substantial notch in your feed ramp (if you have the basic B-14 HMR, not sure if it's necessary on the Pro models) or take it to a gunsmith to have them do the same. I loaded up a batch of 6.5 CM rounds for an OCW test at 0.020" off the lands and quickly discovered they won't feed from the magazine (Begara factory, PMAG, or MDT) because the bullet tips get caught up under the feed ramp and nose down. As others have mentioned on here, this is a pretty serious design flaw that has to be corrected if you want to shoot long, heavy bullets seated out to where they need to be.

Aftermarket wise, a new trigger, MDT metal magazines, and a KRG Arca rail (very easy to put on) are some good upgrades. The rifle can shoot wonderfully, just needs some clean up around the edges.

If it's a hmr, id sand all the paint out the inlet area and glass bed.