• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beginner with first build

PyroBebop

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2013
Katy , TX
Hello everyone!
Just wanted to start with this is my first long range build and did not want to break the bank entirely. I do not mind Buy once cry once if it is the better choice. I have been lurking around this form and with encouragement from a buddy, finally decided to take the plunge.

Will be using Remington 700 AAC-SD and adding.
-Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 ffp mrad
-muzzle brake from Ross Schuler
-NightForce 20moa rail
-Griffin Armament E-Tac rings
-KRG bolt knob ( unless I can find a gunsmith in Houston that is capable )

And this is where I would like to pick your brains.
1. With so many stocks out there what would be recomended for a beginner? Would like to stay under 1k for the stock, and have been looking at a Manners T5a and a Rock Solid Stock. The Rock Solid is appealing since bedding seems easier on it, and would not need to get a Mini Chassis for box magazines.
2. What are some Bipods to choose from? I see Atlas are very popular, but are there any other viable options?

Lastly, are there any good training courses in Texas? I found Rifles Only, but not many other choices. I know basics, but a firm believer of doing things the proper way from the get go.

Thank in Advance.
-David

1. dont choose a stock unless you can get behind one and make a "educated" decision on what suits your likes.

2. Harris will suit your needs just fine, put the extra $$ into ammo and training

3. Rifles Only is a great choice, as well as a great place to see and feel some stock options