• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell and Carlson bipod

r33prman

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2011
Victoria, Australia
I have a howa 1500 I've nearly finished building up. It wearing a bell and Carlson light tactical stock. The stock has a very flat fore end and I was wondering what bipeds fit that style of fore end. All the bipeds I've seen appear to be for quite curved fore ends. And info or recommendations would be great and photos if you've got them. I plan on using the rifle for long range and the occasional tac match.

Re: Bell and Carlson bipod

It works fine on my flat forearmed rifles. There is just a bit more gap that you would be used to but it stays put fine.

Sweet ill go and get one of those then. I tried a mates Harris and it wouldn't sit right. Must have been an older model. Stock and base arrived today! So keen to get shooting this thing! Just waiting on the rings n scope.... Oh and now the bipod

So I got the Harris s series brm in the end. Fitted it up to the b&c stock and I can't seem to get it tight enough by hand to stop it from moving on the stock. Query? Should I somehow torque the bipod to a certain setting with my borka or should I put some sort of grip tape under the bipod n try again by hand.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

I am using the same bipod on the same stock. I tighten it down till it is reasonably secure, but not completely immobile. I think (and it is only my uneducated opinion) that the bipod doen't have to be welded-on tight. The grip tape seems like a very good idea.

OFG

I had the same stock with a Harris and even tho the fore end is flat it will still tighten up. Harris does make an adapter that is suppose to help support the bipod when using a stock with a flat fore end. As stated above you could install a picatinny rail on the front but if you have no plans on upgrading to an atlas stock you will be wasting money.

I had the same bipod on the very same stock used on an FN PBR-XP. It worked fine.

Thanks for the replays. I just grabbed a Allen key and tightened it just that tiny bit more than myn hands could. Seems to be spot on now!

Dont for get a KMW pod-loc, These help big time. This will keep the bipod in the positon you want it.

I am using the same bipod on the same stock. I tighten it down till it is reasonably secure, but not completely immobile. I think (and it is only my uneducated opinion) that the bipod doen't have to be welded-on tight. The grip tape seems like a very good idea.

OFG

Exactly what OFG said.

On my B&C stock the Harris would always eventually loosen up on its own no matter how tight it was put it on.
Got used to it -- now I like to experiment leaving it (just a bit) loose on other rifles.
The little bit of play makes it easier to load without the entire rifle sliding forward.

I've used the Harris on AICS and the AX models, and an aluminum tube forearm on my AR. They don't slide around against the stocks if you keep the tension screw snug, there's a rubber gasket between the cradle and where the rifle stock sits that helps with that a bit.

I use the mentioned Harris adapter on my B&C stock, and it's a night and day difference. For what it's worth.

It is probably a good idea to go with the adapter. But as long as it doesn't slide or give way I don't know if it's a justifiable expense.

When I bought the Harris, I tried it before buying the adapter. No matter how tight I run that thumbwheel down, it would still twist the sling stud. I got the adapter and it won't budge with it. Sure I could probably run it down with pliers to pull on that stud harder, but at what cost? My thoughts were that I'd damage the bipod, or pull the stud out. Try it without, and see what you think.